In a sign of how dissatisfied and upset the American people are with Congress, approval ratings have hit single digits, dropping to an all time low.
These newly released numbers reflect what I stated last week – the current Congress is going to be remembered as a class of graduates that failed the nation when it needed them most.
The U.S. taxpayers pay you a handsome $100,000 per year in salary and you couldn’t put your differences aside to help the nation in one of its greatest moments of need – a monumental financial crisis that needs serious government intervention, as millions of people have lost their homes, with millions more in foreclosure danger.
Congressional Approval Falls to Single Digits for First Time Ever
Tuesday, July 08, 2008 – The percentage of voters who give Congress good or excellent ratings has fallen to single digits for the first time in Rasmussen Reports tracking history. This month, just 9% say Congress is doing a good or excellent job. Most voters (52%) say Congress is doing a poor job, which ties the record high in that dubious category.
Says “God Is Jealous” Of Her And Denies Jesus
The feedback online to the above posted Oprah video is overwhelmingly negative towards her.
Many notable publications have tried to figure out why Oprah Winfrey has been experiencing such a big drop in ratings, readership and viewership.
Some questioned if it was due to her supporting Barack Obama, but how could it, when he won the nomination. A more likely cause is Oprah’s descent into unbelief and New Age teachings that she is promoting on her show.
When I was a teenager I use to watch the Oprah Winfrey show, but then some of the things she started saying became quite unsound and I stopped tuning in. I’ve written about this before on my sites.
The public should have known when she brought this dude on that something had indeed gone wrong
She seemed to be abandoning her roots as a Baptist and I love the Baptist church. Furthermore, John Hagee is on for half an hour during her time slot and I watch his show.
While, God loves us and grants us free will, Oprah seems to forget that America has a Christian majority (70%). You start talking that New Age mumbo jumbo and speaking words that go against God and Jesus, trying to diminish Their role, and people will tune out.
Here’s hoping one day you will return to the faith.
Obama numbers up, Oprah ratings down
They also seemed angered over her public advocacy of new-age spiritualism, including among her book club choices.
Now come new TV ratings showing that her daytime audience, which is still the largest and was nearly 9 million at its height in 2004-05, has fallen for the third straight year, to 7.8 million a year ago and now to 7.3 million.
Her monthly publication, “O, The Oprah Magazine,” has also lost 10 percent of its circulation in the last three years, according to a New York Times story. And a new editor is being sought. Officials of billionaire Winfrey’s company, Harpo Productions, profess no concern over the dip in numbers.
They say daytime audiences have generally declined and her audience is still about one-third larger than the No. 2 daytime program, Dr. Phil. Many Ticket commenters also said they had switched their viewing habits to The Ellen DeGeneres Show.
Figures also show that Winfrey has lost about 25 percent of her female audience between ages 25 and 54 in the last 36 months.
Harpo sources point to last winter’s opening success of Oprah’s ABC reality philanthropy show, “Oprah’s Big Give,” which drew more viewers than all shows but “American Idol.” However, the “Give” audience fell by almost 33 percent in its next seven weeks. And Winfrey decided to discontinue production of the program.
RELATED WEB LINKS
Story found here
Annie Leibovitz Did More Damage Than Disney Calculated
May 19. 2008
50-year-old lesbian photographer Annie Leibovitz has tanked the ratings of the kids television show Hannah Montana, jeopardizing a billion dollar Disney franchise, via the inappropriate photos she took of its 15-year-old star Miley Cyrus.
The show’s ratings have fallen by as much as 26% since the time of the scandal, where Annie Leibovitz told the 15-year old to pull down her top and place a sheet over her chest, leaving her back and the top of her cleavage exposed.
“Hannah Montana” is now no longer Disney’s top rated show, having lost a few million viewers, with the substantial ratings decline being attributed to Leibovitz and the scandalous photos.
These errors and miscalculations happen, as Hollywood’s moral compass (well, they don’t have one) is not in line with the rest of the nation as a whole.
Hollywood is an industry where pre-teen and teen stars take drugs and engage in sex at an early age. People in the industry know and look the other way. What’s shocking for the rest of America is not shocking for Hollywood. Hence, the missteps.
How, Leibovitz thought this was okay is beyond me. If I were given the task of having to photograph a 15-year-old girl for a magazine my first words would have been, “Little girl, either you wear the Victorian dress and bustle or you don’t get your picture taken. Do you want the Boogey Man to get you?!” The Boogey Man being R Kelly.
Yes, I went there, but only to bring home the point that R. Kelly cannot be allowed to continue preying on young girls.
Miley Covers Up As ‘Hannah Montana’ Ratings Drop
Compared to the first original show of the year, which aired in January, viewership for Sunday’s show was down 26%.
An estimated 3.1 million viewers tuned in for “Hannah’s” 7p.m. Sunday edition, which aired out of the network’s usual pattern for fresh episodes.
“Hannah Montana” has now been replaced as Disney’s top-rated show by “Wizards of Waverly Place,” which stars Selena Gomez, who made several appearances in “Hannah Montana.”
Story found here
The television show American Idol has been experiencing a ratings slide. The show that once pulled in 33 million viewers, is down to 22 million per week this year.
After Paula Abdul’s gaffe a few days ago, they lost over 1 million more viewers:
“Idol” slide continues after judge mix-up
Fri May 2, 2008 4:07am EDT
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) – A night after Tuesday’s much-discussed on-air blunder by “American Idol” judge Paula Abdul, the results show of the talent show lost 1.2 million viewers from the previous week.
With “Idol” (22.1 million viewers vs. 23.3 million) already having dropped in nearly every episode in recent weeks, however, that means the reality show has once again hit a five-year low. A year ago, the show averaged 29 million viewers.
On Tuesday’s episode, a last-minute procedural change resulted in the judges critiquing contestants’ first round of performances instead of waiting until the end of the second round. Abdul gave a negative review of contestant Jason Castro’s two songs.
The only problem: Castro had sung only one song.
Story found here
- Terrorist Attack At The British Parliament In London's Palace Of Westminster Leaves 5 Dead And 40 Injured (Videos) judiciaryreport.com/terrorist_atta… 5 hours ago
- Two years ago I wrote on my site that the government needs to protect places like #Westminster #Parliament aishamusic.blogspot.com/2015/02/protec… 7 hours ago
- @CNN Rest in peace 😢 🇬🇧 8 hours ago
- RT @CNN: Big Ben lights up to honor the victims of the attack near UK Parliament in London cnn.it/2mWmSkl https://t.co/7gC3JTzfMk 8 hours ago
- RT @PrisonPlanet: Coded 4chan Post Hinted at Westminster Attack a Day in Advance gizmodo.com/coded-4chan-po… 15 hours ago
- @PrisonPlanet Why is there always something bad going on at the 4chan website. 15 hours ago
- @itvnews @carldinnen It's an isolated incident. In 2012 I often walked fr. Charing Cross to Victoria Station for exercise & always felt safe 15 hours ago
- @itvnews @carldinnen Put snipers on the roof and if anyone does anything violent/erratic, pick them off using that vantage point. 15 hours ago
- RT @itvnews: Palace of Westminster security under scrutiny after attack itv.com/news/2017-03-2… By @carldinnen https://t.co/i7OSAp2JoP 15 hours ago
- RT @Conflicts: PHOTO (Graphic): London attack suspect being taken away by paramedics. Knives seen on ground (circled) - @Telegraph https://… 15 hours ago
- RT @Reuters: MORE: Four people dead, including police officer, and 20 injured in UK parliament attack - anti-terrorism officer. https://t.c… 15 hours ago
- RT @upyorkshire: At least four people have died and 20 injured in at attack on London's #Westminster . Here's what we know so far: https://… 15 hours ago
- @Brian_Whit I get the distinct impression someone helped him & directed the attack, to have killed, maimed so many. 16 hours ago
- RT @CNN: Here's the moment the UK Parliament stopped after gunshots were heard outside cnn.it/2mUSzKC https://t.co/eECdpJ0ios 16 hours ago
- RT @DavidJo52951945: Scotland Yard think there was only 1 attacker who is now dead, but not 100% sure there was not more terrorists 16 hours ago