Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- RT @wbcmoro: @WBCBoxing #cleanboxingprogram #cbp https://t.co/kPKuYC4VsY 8 hours ago
- RT @danrafaelespn: Lucian Bute failed drug test after draw vs. Badou Jack on 4/30, sources told ESPN.com. Failed for banned… 8 hours ago
- RT @WORLDSTAR: When you say 5 more mins but wake up 5 hours later https://t.co/DZgXyLX4ET 11 hours ago
- @dontetcagechikn Me too. He was my dad's friend :) 11 hours ago
- @WBCBoxing Wait..the hat...GGG is Mexican now, he must really want that Canelo fight 😉😂 11 hours ago
- RT @WBCBoxing: THE BEFORE AND AFTER OF @GGGBoxing #WBC https://t.co/Pp7FJIjJMZ 11 hours ago
- RT @afowler06: There may be people that have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do. https://t.c… 12 hours ago
- RT @FunnyVines: When you feel everything is going great and then life hits you.. vine.co/v/i9KKXXJMmud 12 hours ago
- @dontetcagechikn Jamaica is apart of the Commonwealth, so we grow up with British football (and Brazilian LOL). 12 hours ago
- @ear_to_there You're welcome :) 13 hours ago
- RT @ear_to_there: @aishamusic Thanks so much for the retweet! I really appreciate it! 13 hours ago
- @dontetcagechikn @itvlondon Chelsea's rough season has shocked Abramovich. 13 hours ago
- @dontetcagechikn I've spent a fair amount of time in Britain and 1/2 my family has lived in England since before I was born. 13 hours ago
- @dontetcagechikn No, I'm black Jamaican, raised in America and I have African, English, Irish and Brazilian ancestry... 13 hours ago
- RT @Jessberrie: If you love someone set it free, if they don't return -find em on Facebook #BadInspirationalQuotes 13 hours ago