Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- RT @FunnyVines: I CANT BREATHE.. vine.co/v/Oxjdz1IU1Lr 1 hour ago
- @TishaH22 @tran_jessy @LaVieEnchante I wouldn't advise her to go back to him but she will. 1 hour ago
- @SEXYDCGIRL25 He is already regretting it. 1 hour ago
- @TishaH22 @tran_jessy @LaVieEnchante I agree. He is wrong to cheat on her and get someone else pregnant on top of that. 1 hour ago
- @SEXYDCGIRL25 Chris Brown needs to learn to be a father. 1 hour ago
- @TishaH22 @tran_jessy @LaVieEnchante Yes it is tough to walk away but it can be done when one is being cheated on. 1 hour ago
- RT @Arsenal: .@Arsenal fans, an unmasked Francis Coquelin has a message for you after #QPRvAFC... http://t.co/7HpEHTVyGu 1 hour ago
- RT @Arsenal: .@_OlivierGiroud_ celebrates his opener with Tomas Rosicky #QPRvAFC http://t.co/2XcuAlHKuz 1 hour ago
- @pebbles2day You too Pebbles! God bless you. 1 hour ago
- RT @pebbles2day: Happy born day @REALbkBrown Thanking God 4your life. We are praying for you Krissy...Auntie & the family love u!❤️🙏👏 http… 1 hour ago
- @TishaH22 @tran_jessy @LaVieEnchante Sad thing is Karrueche is gonna get back with Chris Brown. 1 hour ago
- RT @BlackPplVines: Smh Harvard lol http://t.co/Fplm90ZNvP 1 hour ago
- @TishaH22 @tran_jessy @LaVieEnchante Rihanna is not talking the news well at all. She's going to hide it though. 1 hour ago
- @TishaH22 @tran_jessy @LaVieEnchante Yes, Chris Brown loves Karrueche Tran not Nia. However, what he did to Karrueche is so sad. 1 hour ago
- @SEXYDCGIRL25 @psyhcotime2 What if it had been a woman with HIV that he cheated with, via unprotected sex, not realizing her status. 1 hour ago