Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- @usainbolt You are so right 👌👍 5 hours ago
- RT @usainbolt: Dreams Worth More Than Money #Word instagram.com/p/4y7tcVocQW/ 5 hours ago
- RT @iaaforg: 9 days till #Cali2015 @usainbolt is 1 of only 3 athletes to have won world junior titles before winning world youths http://t… 5 hours ago
- RT @MyNameIsBizzle: S/O to Russell Wilson & Ciara for going against the grain!!! http://t.co/eaNBYr8wKr 5 hours ago
- RT @Arsenal: .@Arsenal has welcomed three young professionals and 11 scholars to the club: arsn.al/soeTZb http://t.co/3N8hX6a6vM 5 hours ago
- RT @Arsenal: There's only one @Alexis_Sanchez http://t.co/kafvXINvJR 5 hours ago
- RT @henrygayle: Re-United ... Can't lock up the #WorldBoss after all...I'm bad, but a good man... Told them I served… https://t.co/pIzZXLyd… 5 hours ago
- RT @TysonCBeckford: About last nite: Me and my new girlfriend to be... Ms. Hurcan! #needherinblack #teamtyson instagram.com/p/4zzi0BQAwN/ 5 hours ago
- RT @Alexis_Sanchez: Buenas noches ... 🏆😴💭💭 http://t.co/uwI0hvoeN9 8 hours ago
- @SEXYDCGIRL25 Joe Budden needs to apologize to Esther Baxter, go to anger management and stop giving men all this bad advice on Twitter. 8 hours ago
- RT @steam_clean: The Steam 2 Clean Daily is out! paper.li/steam_clean/13… Stories via @BobEarnshaw @aishamusic @FosterScotland 8 hours ago
- RT @SportsCenter: Serena Williams def. Venus Williams with a 6-4, 6-3 victory to advance to Wimbledon quarterfinals. http://t.co/mu6qHuv8Jg 8 hours ago
- RT @Wimbledon: "We both have a lot of respect for each other's game.” Venus v Serena 1st up on #ManicMonday: bit.ly/W15Venus http://… 22 hours ago
- RT @Wimbledon: There are more people in #theQueue than today's capacity. We strongly advise those intending to queue not to travel to #Wimb… 22 hours ago
- RT @espn: 40 years ago today, Arthur Ashe became the first black man to win Wimbledon: es.pn/1Ce5uNV http://t.co/oKr65JomZ6 22 hours ago