Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- RT @TheMeninist: Kid is a savage! vine.co/v/e33X9qZ75iw 3 hours ago
- Obama Backed Syrian Rebels Linked To ISIS Shoot Down Russian Helicopter Aiding Downed Jet On Its Way To Fight ISIS aishamusic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/obama-… 3 hours ago
- Pretty Teenage Girls Who Went To Join ISIS Beaten To Death By The Terrorist Group For Trying To Leave aishamusic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/pretty… 3 hours ago
- Boxer Tyson Fury Complains About Steroids Use In Sports At Wladimir Klitschko Pre-Fight Press Conference aishamusic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/boxer-… 3 hours ago
- RT @LisaVikingstad: People complaining about "traffic being stopped" at least your life has not stopped. #LaquanMcDonald https://t.co/a3BCH… 3 hours ago
- RT @CreateLex: Burger King came out publicly and stated that Chicago Police deleted their footage on the murder of #LaquanMcDonald https://… 3 hours ago
- RT @Tall_Folks: Aunt: Yo face a lil dry baby Me: Just like yo cornbread Aunt: Excuse me? #thanksgivingclapback https://t.co/Ouf9tMw9eU 3 hours ago
- RT @__r0derick: Auntie: "How them grades looking?" Me: "Just like yo weave, not on track." #ThanksgivingClapBack https://t.co/imHjRFBALf 3 hours ago
- RT @T_GILLS_: Grandma: What happen to your lil girlfriend? Me: Same thing that happened to your teeth. Gone #ThanksgivingClapBack https://t… 3 hours ago
- RT @beyxmaraj: "why you so grown?" why you & your daughter only 13 years apart? #ThanksgivingClapBack https://t.co/wPhTyE8NYb 3 hours ago
- RT @KushNMusicss: Aunt: "why you let your kids text at the table?" Me: "how your man working late with no job?" #ThanksgivingClapBack https… 3 hours ago
- RT @TreMelvin: #ThanksgivingClapBack aunt: i saw you sneak away with another plate smh me: i saw the repo man sneak away your car https://t… 3 hours ago
- RT @ty_adventuresof: Aunty: stay outta grown folk talk. Me: stay out of married men houses #ThanksgivingClapBack https://t.co/50ZIjmvuDb 4 hours ago
- RT @Arsenal: Not at the Emirates? You can follow our live coverage of #AFCvZAG on Arsenal Player: arsn.al/sSPUEj https://t.co/jMpL… 15 hours ago
- RT @Arsenal: We are here at Emirates Stadium for #AFCvZAG. Where will you be watching tonight's game? https://t.co/6dS8x5P0t8 15 hours ago