Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- @Ghetto_CNN I'm crying LOL 💀😱😂😂😂😂😂 5 hours ago
- RT @Ghetto_CNN: OMG LMAO vine.co/v/e2lxleaXFXV 5 hours ago
- @VeggieChicsRock Yea, I cited Newsbeat in the article. 5 hours ago
- RT @FunnyVines: I've watched this like 17 times and still as amused as I was first glance.. vine.co/v/hMJZ5i9LuDv 5 hours ago
- @FunnyVines That little girl is a trip LOL. She's funny. She needs an agent. 5 hours ago
- RT @FunnyVines: Me turning in my essay.. vine.co/v/MJ09IKuAKlF 5 hours ago
- @VeggieChicsRock Some companies and advertisers were hiring her to try to get #TeamBreezy to buy their products. 5 hours ago
- @VeggieChicsRock hotnewhiphop.com/karrueche-tran… 5 hours ago
- @VeggieChicsRock Hi :) "Karrueche has been struggling to book modeling gigs since she broke up with Chris Brown earlier this year"... 5 hours ago
- @usainbolt The one in the picture at the top on the right looks like he's doing your pose 😂 5 hours ago
- RT @usainbolt: Good thing I paid attention in history class #MexicoCity #MuseumTour http://t.co/BVZa3gzo1M 5 hours ago
- RT @usainbolt: Felt like I was in History class all over again in Mexico City today http://t.co/Obzn2exNn0 5 hours ago
- RT @Arsenal: VIDEO: Flamini, Ramsey, Alexis - what is @Arsenal's best-ever volley? Take a look and decide: arsn.al/wRLL65 http://t.… 5 hours ago
- RT @Arsenal: Per @mertesacker says @Arsenal “gave everything from the start” in the 3-0 win over Man Utd arsn.al/QVrCpf http://t.co… 5 hours ago
- RT @Arsenal: INTERNATIONAL WATCH: @Alexis_Sanchez on target for Chile as six Gunners feature: arsn.al/9aSqMe http://t.co/hxdbVLcgpd 5 hours ago