Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- RT @TheMeninist: *about to clock out* Manager: "Can you stay a few more hours?" Me: https://t.co/43snxsHF1N 51 minutes ago
- RT @TheMeninist: Me trying to balance my responsibilities vine.co/v/eEz2dJjQ1em 54 minutes ago
- RT @FunnyVines: LMFAO.. vine.co/v/inbKZrxgJV5 59 minutes ago
- RT @theowalcott: Great to have Danny back in training! https://t.co/gvg5nOvlyI 1 hour ago
- RT @CalumChambers95: Prep done 👊🏼 big game tomorrow!! #COYG https://t.co/XnpLpuLGz5 1 hour ago
- RT @Matflam: Training today ahead of #AFCvLCFC 💪🏽#arsenal #gunners #premierleague https://t.co/YxpVa8vy3w 1 hour ago
- @Arsenal To see a footballer come out of nowhere & do so well in the League should inspire all young footballers. Nonetheless squish Vardy 😂 1 hour ago
- RT @Arsenal: The boss discusses the impact of non-league football on a player's "hunger index": arsn.al/9QfV2J #AFCvLCFC https://t… 1 hour ago
- RT @Footy_Jokes: Manchester United https://t.co/48ATHJQitB 1 hour ago
- @usainbolt Aww, hush my dear, don't let it upset you 😘...but seriously though 😂 --> twitter.com/Footy_Jokes/st… 1 hour ago
- RT @usainbolt: Sigh!!!! 1 hour ago
- RT @DirtyFootbaIIer: Relationship goals...https://t.co/Z2DvBHcFJ1 1 hour ago
- RT @leosantacruz2: Escucha el análisis de mi próxima pelea w/ @RaulMarquez92 & @AlejandroLunatv via @SHOsports: s.sho.com/20qDKf6 htt… 1 hour ago
- RT @leosantacruz2: Did an interview today with @HuffingtonPost for my upcoming fight. Only 2 weeks to go! #TeamSantaCruz https://t.co/wxmK8… 1 hour ago
- RT @BronzeBomber: 3 Kings... We're 99-0 all together. #ThreeKingsInTheRing @leosantacruz2 @DannySwift @coronaextrausa https://t.co/Gj0iIrzb… 1 hour ago