Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- RT @FootyHumour: Bloke saves his girlfriend from an in-coming free-kick with this outstanding header 😅👏 https://t.co/e6cIlYYOGU 2 hours ago
- RT @afcstuff: Photos: The Arsenal players enjoy a kickabout in their Basel hotel this morning ahead of tonight's game. [IG: granitxhaka] #a… 2 hours ago
- @TheFunnyVine Mariah Carey's voice is gone. It's one of the strangest things I've seen in music. 2 hours ago
- RT @premierleague: This is how the #PL looks after 14 matches... https://t.co/js1X3SIbK7 2 hours ago
- RT @TrollFootball: Chapecoense has been officially awarded the title of Copa Sudamericana 2016 🙌🏼 This is why we love football ❤️ https://… 2 hours ago
- RT @usainbolt: The ABC's of Life https://t.co/JZ54cyO4HI 2 hours ago
- RT @footbalIfights: Oliver Kahn was a beast 👊😅 https://t.co/cbDKKdZpHl 2 hours ago
- RT @WorIdStarComedy: It's the little kindness that reminds us the good side of humanity. https://t.co/UWIlOVqziJ 2 hours ago
- RT @DirtyFootbaIIer: Rt - Red Card Like - Yellow Card https://t.co/xTtWw8xklm 2 hours ago
- People Slam Michelle Obama As 'Ape In Heels' 'Ugly Black B*tch' And 'Ghetto' Leading To Trouble judiciaryreport.com/people_slam_mi… 4 hours ago
- Mariah Carey Sadly Looks Back On Wedding Dress From Cancelled Engagement & Husband Knocks Up Aspiring Star judiciaryreport.com/mariah_carey_l… 4 hours ago
- Shantel Jackson Grew To Hate Ex-Fiancé Floyd Mayweather Leading To Abortion judiciaryreport.com/shantel_jackso… 4 hours ago
- Madonna’s Underage Son Has Been Drinking And Doing Drugs With Homeless People judiciaryreport.com/madonna_undera… 4 hours ago
- Doctors Discover Kanye West Is Much Sicker Than They Initially Realized And Extend Hospital Hold judiciaryreport.com/doctors_discov… 4 hours ago
- Ray J Exploiting Kanye West's Psychiatric Ward Hospitalization For Publicity With New Song About Wife Kim Kardashian judiciaryreport.com/ray_j_exploiti… 4 hours ago