Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- RT @FunnyVines: Oh wow vine.co/v/5qdaX1theXn 5 hours ago
- @WorIdStarComedy I didn't understand a word he just said LOL 😂😂😂 5 hours ago
- RT @ryansongalia: Irish boxer Dean Byrne (@irishlightning2) on what it was like to get hit by @MannyPacquiao as his long-time sparring part… 5 hours ago
- RT @MannyPacquiaoTR: See Manny Pacquiao the Senator, the Boxer and the Preacher. #PacVargas https://t.co/oxat3wHoEf 5 hours ago
- @RTEsport Is this some kind of reverse psychology on his part, bro don't do that no more 😂😂😂 5 hours ago
- RT @RTEsport: An IOC Disciplinary Invesigation showed Irish boxer Steven Donnelly bet on himself to lose at the Rio Olympic. Donnelly won t… 5 hours ago
- RT @SamJonesBoxer: Pleased to announce that I was today granted my professional boxers licence. We will be starting my pro career within 8… 5 hours ago
- @ChrisEubankJr After that answer, you won't have to worry about GGG cause now Nigerian women are gonna beat you 😉😂 (2/2) 6 hours ago
- @ChrisEubankJr You should have been diplomatic and said you can't choose cause you love Ghanaian and Nigerian women 😉 (1/2) 6 hours ago
- RT @WorIdStarComedy: I want one so my dog can be this happy. https://t.co/GWRc8FhK2O 6 hours ago
- Secret Video Shows Angelina Jolie Talking About Joining The Illuminati And Making Satanic Animal Sacrifices (Video) aishamusic.blogspot.com/2016/09/secret… 7 hours ago
- Hillary Clinton Says All Americans Are Racist (Videos) aishamusic.blogspot.com/2016/09/hillar… 7 hours ago
- Polls Reveal Donald Trump Won First Debate Against Hillary Clinton aishamusic.blogspot.com/2016/09/polls-… 7 hours ago
- Angelina Jolie Refusing To Let Brad Pitt See Their Children aishamusic.blogspot.com/2016/09/angeli… 7 hours ago
- Katy Perry Sued Again For Copyright & Trademark Infringement This Time For Stealing Preexisting Make-Up Line aishamusic.blogspot.com/2016/09/katy-p… 7 hours ago