Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- RT @docswifee: @aishamusic they are evil.. 4 minutes ago
- RT @usainbolt: Dropping the very first look at my movie #IAMBOLT - check it out and follow @iamboltfilm for more https://t.co/UxCw1pAObQ 5 minutes ago
- @SportMagUK @RealCFrampton @otheralexreid Frampton should share his secrets with Adrien Broner who missed weight twice 😉😂 #PorkChops #Fries 9 minutes ago
- RT @SportMagUK: Fascinating, candid interview with @RealCFrampton by our deputy editor @otherAlexReid: sport-magazine.co.uk/features/sunba… https://t.co… 12 minutes ago
- RT @RealCFrampton: Empire state building. Nearly as good a view from the top of the Cavehill https://t.co/AM31I30xnS 13 minutes ago
- RT @ShowtimeBoxing: With a 7" reach advantage & 2" height advantage, @leosantacruz2 aims to dominate @RealCFrampton SATURDAY 9p ET/6p PT ht… 14 minutes ago
- RT @leosantacruz2: Fun interview this morning with @MaggieGray at @SInowLIVE in New York. #TeamSantaCruz https://t.co/o4ARv32DC8 17 minutes ago
- RT @leosantacruz2: #TeamSantaCruz is all the way up ... at the @EmpireStateBldg today in NYC! https://t.co/RorJ9Uin1p 18 minutes ago
- RT @premierboxing: .@leosantacruz2 says it means the world to have dad by his side for #SantaCruzFrampton. 📰: pbcham.ps/SantaCruzQ-A http… 22 minutes ago
- RT @PatriotByGod: Memo to the media: The MAJORITY of Americans know the @FBI has been compromised & if #Russia gives us proof that helps us… 23 minutes ago
- RT @ChuckWendig: Russia, if you're listening, can you hook me up some Hamilton tickets or what #RussiaListens 24 minutes ago
- RT @KyleWyzard: If Russia hacking HC's email server is a threat to national security, wouldn't that imply that the emails contained classif… 24 minutes ago
- RT @PatriotByGod: Hey #Russia while you are at it, Do you have anything on Eric Holder and Fast & Furious, how about Benghazi? Can we just… 25 minutes ago
- RT @Cernovich: Media is interested in Russia. Yet they are silent about Hillary selling nuclear weapons material to Russia! https://t.co/U… 26 minutes ago
- RT @fabrightwing: Very happy to see Hillary and the mainstream media finally admitting her email scandal is indeed a national security issu… 26 minutes ago