Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- RT @usainbolt: 🙏 https://t.co/qZMUNc9X4q 1 hour ago
- @DGandyOfficial See, if you had adopted me instead I wouldn't have been digging up your pots like that 😉😂 1 hour ago
- RT @DGandyOfficial: Dora..... are u sure you dont know whos been digging my flower pots? instagram.com/p/BTOsZTghCxD/ 1 hour ago
- RT @Lmao: When your Uber driver picks you and starts driving like their in the fast and furious https://t.co/X54wgDzYc5 12 hours ago
- RT @lTVSpurt: When You Notice The CCTV Camera! twitter.com/lmaosimon/stat… 12 hours ago
- RT @9GAG: When your friend reminds you that you're on a diet. https://t.co/3X67dxSnuL 12 hours ago
- RT @Lmao: "Go ahead, he don't bite" Dog: https://t.co/WYxcMWDg4i 12 hours ago
- RT @DavidRoads: You can't let other people tell you who you are. You have to decide that for yourself. 12 hours ago
- RT @FutballTweets: Spurs fans back at it again. 😂👌 https://t.co/n2KbDw5ETh 12 hours ago
- @FutballTweets Put the shades on bro 💡😂 twitter.com/FutballTweets/… 12 hours ago
- RT @Thom_astro: Today is #EnglishLanguageDay & #StGeorgesDay, as well as @LondonMarathon (no @astro_timpeake though), 4 reasons to say hi #… 12 hours ago
- RT @Arsenal: Wherever you watched the game from today, thank you so much for your absolutely fantastic support in #AFCvMCFC 👏 #WeAreTheArs… 13 hours ago
- RT @Arsenal: ✋ #AFCvMCFC https://t.co/2Iq2m4gNtk 13 hours ago
- @mali_tahir7 Probably said something about his mother ("tu madre") 😉😂 13 hours ago
- RT @mali_tahir7: Find someone who looks at you the way Casemiro looks at Piqué #ElClasico https://t.co/AAQYdsvHu7 13 hours ago