Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- RT @WBCBoxing: LEO SANTA CRUZ is our new WBC Diamond Champion What a great fight between two Mexican warriors !!! #WBC #GreenBelt http:/… 1 hour ago
- RT @fighthype: Official judges scorecards: 117-111 (Santa Cruz), 114-114, 117-111 (Santa Cruz).... Leo Santa Cruz wins via Majority Decision 1 hour ago
- RT @danrafaelespn: Rd 4 for Santa Cruz. Blood coming down Mares' face. #SantaCruzMares #boxing 2 hours ago
- RT @BronzeBomber: This fight is CRAZY! If yall ain't watching #SantaCruzMares you're missing out #PBConESPN @premierboxing 2 hours ago
- RT @Anthonydirrell: Savage fight @espn #PBConESPN #SantaCruzMares 2 hours ago
- RT @danrafaelespn: This is just a war!!!! #SantaCruzMares #boxing 2 hours ago
- RT @TitansHomer: Meanwhile at #MosleyMayorga 😳 vine.co/v/eIJbjxbXTdO 2 hours ago
- @TitansHomer No disrespect but this doesn't fit with boxing 😂 2 hours ago
- RT @ZProphet_MMA: Blonde chick #MosleyMayorga http://t.co/RuYhIeZ1rg 2 hours ago
- RT @gregbeacham: Fight night at Staples Center. Leo Santa Cruz and Abner Mares meet for LA featherweight supremacy. http://t.co/oMAwbCbJFQ 3 hours ago
- RT @JoelOsteen: God will take your broken pieces and use them to make you better, stronger and more beautiful than before. 9 hours ago
- @SpeedoUSA @BronzeBomber He's right about swimming. Wladimir Klitschko does the same when training for fights. 9 hours ago
- @henrygayle I'm so proud of them :) ...and you too world boss! 9 hours ago
- @NextBigFight Boxing needs competitiveness from great promoters worldwide. 9 hours ago
- RT @NextBigFight: Al Haymon and his UK invasion behindthegloves.com/al-haymon-and-… fb.me/6NcDaczcX 9 hours ago