Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- RT @WorIdStarComedy: THIS LIL HAMSTER BROKE HIS LIL ARM AND IT GOT A LIL CAST https://t.co/DGd6ekD62Z 14 minutes ago
- RT @WorIdStarComedy: Me: *pulls out snack Friend: "Aye bro, let me get a piece" Me: https://t.co/LnThzVl3mb 16 minutes ago
- RT @WorIdStarComedy: Drake wanted a kiss so bad 😂 https://t.co/BjNjGRDLWu 16 minutes ago
- RT @DailyCaller: Huma Cuts Weiner Off trib.al/UJeWgpp https://t.co/D4mmTHCPUV 46 minutes ago
- RT @premierleague: Alexis Sanchez's #PL scoring record against Watford continued... What we learnt in MW3: preml.ge/GFnIQ4 https:/… 57 minutes ago
- RT @goldengateblond: when you hear Anthony Weiner's involved in another sexting mess https://t.co/JPlUzk6QIW 1 hour ago
- RT @WorIdStarComedy: Am I the only one who measures time using songs? "It took me only 4 songs to get here! That's not that long!" 1 day ago
- RT @Arsenal: 👏 Job done! #WFCvAFC https://t.co/wtPpX9049U 2 days ago
- RT @Arsenal: Cheers from the home fans, who think they've been awarded a penalty... Don't worry - the referee was pointing for a goal kic… 2 days ago
- RT @Footy_Jokes: VIDEO: Daniel Sturridge's priceless reaction to Origi coming on instead of him from the bench! He is furious! https://t.co… 2 days ago
- @Footy_Jokes "Damn, Daniel!" Sturridge looking like someone burned his Jerk Chicken 😂 #DanielSturridge #JamaicanFood 2 days ago
- RT @tomgunner14: HT: Watford 0-3 Arsenal Cazorla, Alexis and Özil scored for the Gunners. Everyone played well. https://t.co/2RBJppqWYW 2 days ago
- RT @premierleague: GOAL Watford 0-3 Arsenal (45+1 mins). Ozil times a run into the box to perfection to nod home Sanchez's cross just befor… 2 days ago
- @GaryLineker Leave my team alone 😛😉😂 2 days ago
- RT @Diplomatic_INKc: I wanna be you when I grow up @GermaineMasonHJ lol. #GetThere https://t.co/INzA5WkOj5 2 days ago