Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- RT @africaprogress: Between 2010 and 2015, seven of the world’s ten fastest-growing economies have been in Africa. cards.twitter.com/cards/18ce53z6… 3 hours ago
- RT @Ghetto_CNN: tears 😂 vine.co/v/eqr99ulK9OA 3 hours ago
- RT @Ghetto_CNN: When prom is at 8 but you gotta sign the Declaration of Independence at 7:30 http://t.co/7wtDlkZepm 3 hours ago
- @TishaH22 @SEXYDCGIRL25 @psyhcotime2 Chris needs to take his medicine, calm down & realize if something happens to Tyson he's going to jail. 3 hours ago
- @SEXYDCGIRL25 @TishaH22 @psyhcotime2 That's what concerns me regarding them. 3 hours ago
- @SEXYDCGIRL25 Yes he did. The situation has become messy between them. 3 hours ago
- RT @Abramjee: Happy #AfricaDay http://t.co/v8lWtX2rtW 3 hours ago
- RT @TishaH22: @aishamusic @Femmefatale36 @SEXYDCGIRL25 @psyhcotime2 cb just never had anyone treat him like kae did. He doesn't want to loo… 15 hours ago
- @TishaH22 @SEXYDCGIRL25 @psyhcotime2 I hope she talks to him. Many people saw the threat online. If something happens Chris is in trouble. 15 hours ago
- @Femmefatale36 @SEXYDCGIRL25 @psyhcotime2 Haha! She was good to him and he loves her for it. 15 hours ago
- RT @TishaH22: @aishamusic @SEXYDCGIRL25 @psyhcotime2 she thought it was funny when they were shading her. Get on line and try and calm ur s… 15 hours ago
- @SEXYDCGIRL25 Karrueche saw that. You're trying to get someone back and going around with groupies is a bad idea. A big turnoff. 15 hours ago
- @TishaH22 @SEXYDCGIRL25 @psyhcotime2 His mother needs to talk to Chris before he gets himself in trouble out of jealousy. 15 hours ago
- RT @TishaH22: @SEXYDCGIRL25 @aishamusic @psyhcotime2 I wonder where his mother is now. She was quick to respond when cb and goons were goin… 15 hours ago
- @Femmefatale36 @SEXYDCGIRL25 @psyhcotime2 LOL! He still sees Karrueche as his girlfriend. 15 hours ago