Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- RT @CuteKidVines: my love life has me like 😂 vine.co/v/erznE2DMBIg 7 hours ago
- Obama Administration Lose $500 Million In Taxpayer Money As Rebels They Trained Give US Weapons To Al Qaeda In Syria aishamusic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/obama-… 7 hours ago
- Rosie O’Donnell’s Adopted Daughter Does Interview Branding Her Drug Addicted, Two Faced, Mean, Crazy And A Liar aishamusic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/rosie-… 7 hours ago
- Bankrupt Rapper 50 Cent Struggling To Sell Mansion For 8-Years Drastically Drops The Price Of House aishamusic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/bankru… 7 hours ago
- Criminals Who Tell On Themselves aishamusic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/crimin… 7 hours ago
- @SEXYDCGIRL25 They need forgiveness from each other 7 hours ago
- RT @FootballFunnys: You know it's Sunday League when this happens... http://t.co/GZwUWeqDQT 20 hours ago
- @SEXYDCGIRL25 No one should forget the people who support them through the drama. 20 hours ago
- RT @Arsenal: On this day in 1996, @IanWright0 scored twice as @Arsenal beat Blackburn in Arsene Wenger's first game in charge... https://t.… 20 hours ago
- RT @MesutOzil1088: In the end we qualified first of the table - sorry for making it so suspenseful 😅⚽🇫🇷✔ #RoadToFrance2016 #GERGEO http://t… 20 hours ago
- RT @Arsenal: Morning all, here are some great pictures of @aaronramsey celebrating Wales' Euro 2016 qualification http://t.co/eZIbqVgwXU 20 hours ago
- RT @Arsenal: Two doubles, The Invincibles and back-to-back FA Cups. Re-live Arsene Wenger’s best moments: arsn.al/22KeiY http://t.c… 20 hours ago
- RT @Arsenal: On this day in 1996 Arsene Wenger took charge of his first @Arsenal game. Read more: arsn.al/Q0PaKC http://t.co/lDkIul… 20 hours ago
- RT @FunnyVines: Funniest thing I've ever seen.. vine.co/v/e036tQ2OY1U 1 day ago
- @SEXYDCGIRL25 LOL! 1 day ago