Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- RT @Arsenal: .@Alex_OxChambo on what @Arsenal can learn from The Invincibles ahead of #MUFCvAFC: arsn.al/6v9ToW http://t.co/884v7CC… 4 hours ago
- RT @Arsenal: Let's hope for more of this when @Arsenal visit Old Trafford in the FA Cup on Monday... #MUFCvAFC http://t.co/XXA4E4rhX9 4 hours ago
- RT @NextBigFight: Tyson Fury insists he is not going to sit around waiting for Wladimir Klitschko es.pn/1GXRCVY http://t.co/nzCK8w… 23 hours ago
- @AdrienBroner Happy birthday little man!🎉 God bless you baby boy! 23 hours ago
- RT @AdrienBroner: #TBT of my baby boy #KJ Today is his birthday everybody wish him a happy birthday #ProudDAD instagram.com/p/z24b1bO4bD/ 23 hours ago
- @MJCiamarra He's huge. Deontay Wilder's knockout highlight reel is so scary I wanted to hide behind the couch the first time I saw it LOL! 1 day ago
- @D_Sturridge -->😂“@FootyHumour: When she says that she's staying home tonight but you see her out with another guy vine.co/v/O09xbvhZEbu" 1 day ago
- @FootyHumour What happened to Studge there 😂😂😂😂😂! 1 day ago
- RT @FootyHumour: When she says that she's staying home tonight but you see her out with another guy vine.co/v/O09xbvhZEbu 1 day ago
- RT @tebowfoundation: #TTF #QuoteOfTheWeek: "For with God nothing shall be impossible." - Luke 1:37 http://t.co/PDDnujPTdR 1 day ago
- RT @SpecialKBrook: Time for some track! http://t.co/tZE4SesQdB 1 day ago
- @SimisoGwala1 @myvibeispotent He's been silent, but TMZ is posting like they received confirmation. 1 day ago
- @SimisoGwala1 @myvibeispotent They resemble in the eyes mostly and the nose a little bit. 1 day ago
- @NextBigFight I want Amir Khan to fight Kell Brook in London, England this summer. That would be cool. It would definitely sell tickets. 1 day ago
- RT @NextBigFight: Amir Khan in negotiations for 30th May fight against Miguel Cotto, Chris Algeri or Tim Bradley. 1 day ago