Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- RT @Ghetto_CNN: watch this 👀😂😂😂🙈 http://t.co/jyL9j8Jud9 19 hours ago
- Ben Affleck And Jennifer Garner Divorcing Due To His Cheating aishamusic.blogspot.com/2015/07/ben-af… 19 hours ago
- Chris Brown's Song 'Loyal' Is More About The Mother Of His Child Nia Amey Than Karrueche Tran aishamusic.blogspot.com/2015/07/chris-… 19 hours ago
- Iggy Azalea And Britney Spears Beef Online Over Flopped Song And Video 'Pretty Girls' Gets Ugly aishamusic.blogspot.com/2015/07/iggy-a… 19 hours ago
- Police State Man Beat Himself Up, Carved Gay Slur Into His Arm & Set Fire To His Home Lying It Was Homophobic Attack aishamusic.blogspot.com/2015/07/man-co… 19 hours ago
- @TishaH22 Rasheeda is trying to make her marriage work but Kirk needs to stop cheating on her. As you've stated it's showing her no respect. 21 hours ago
- RT @Arsenal: Congratulations @ThierryHenry, who topped our poll for @Arsenal's best Premier League header! arsn.al/VjSZxt http://t.… 1 day ago
- @tishah22 Rasheeda is too good for Kirk Frost. 1 day ago
- RT @TishaH22: @aishamusic idk why she still with him in the first place. Any fool can see he's jealous of her and intentionally embarrassin… 1 day ago
- Supreme Court Refuses To Hear Google Appeal In Oracle Copyright Infringement Case Accusing Google Of Ripping Them Off aishamusic.blogspot.com/2015/07/suprem… 1 day ago
- Joseline Hernandez v. Jessica Dime Sees The Rivals Gear Up For A Fight On 'Love And Hip Hop Atlanta' aishamusic.blogspot.com/2015/07/joseli… 1 day ago
- Joseline Hernandez And Stevie J's Opportunistic Relationship Is A Toxic One aishamusic.blogspot.com/2015/07/joseli… 1 day ago
- Kirk Frost Upsets Wife Rasheeda Again Going Off On A Second Cheating Promo Tour With Ashley Nicole aishamusic.blogspot.com/2015/06/kirk-f… 1 day ago
- Movie Review: "American Sniper" celluloidfilmreview.com/american_snipe… 1 day ago
- Movie Review: "Secrets And Lies" celluloidfilmreview.com/secrets_and_li… 1 day ago