Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- Government Investigators Raise The Tally Of Unprotected Hillary Clinton Classified Emails From 2 To 150 aishamusic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/govern… 1 hour ago
- The 2015 IAAF Championship Games In Beijing Were Fantastic (Video) aishamusic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/the-20… 1 hour ago
- Gang Member Friend Of Chris Brown Threatened Marques Houston Over Ex-Girlfriend Karrueche Tran Who Slams The Incident aishamusic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/gang-m… 1 hour ago
- BaByliss Pro Nano 200 Ceramic Hair Straightener consumernewsreviews.com/?p=352 1 hour ago
- News Links - Last menu from the Titanic to be sold, Javier Hernandez demanded £90,000 per goal from West Ham sonustarnews.com/?p=4031 1 hour ago
- RT @The_Best_Vines: RIP to his nuts vine.co/v/MlQQ0ggthYu 8 hours ago
- @FunnyVines They are too adorable for words 😂 9 hours ago
- @usainbolt You guys did an amazing job 😘 9 hours ago
- @Anchor_man1 @LearnDreams @kim_milton @KnowEm a legal case LOL! 9 hours ago
- @FootballFunnys Look at how Big John is finessing the ball owning it like a boss & look at Sergio standing there looking hungry & confused😉😂 9 hours ago
- RT @FootballFunnys: Who's the better goalkeeper? RT for Big John Fav for Sergio Romero http://t.co/DV1tbHEXOk 10 hours ago
- RT @FootballFunnys: Players Man United have sold this summer: De Gea Di Maria Valdes Rafeal Nani Falcao Van Persie Who's a selling club? 10 hours ago
- RT @FootballFunnys: So much change. #MUFC http://t.co/xAdTd8l4AO 10 hours ago
- @Nikomarvel Man Utd fans are trying to hide their pain 😂😂😂😂 10 hours ago
- RT @Nikomarvel: Are ManUtd fans gonna miss De Gea? vine.co/v/eIM62ZqXw7V 10 hours ago