Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- RT @FootyHumour: James Corden as the Arsenal coach 😂 https://t.co/36zi4EMv0e 20 hours ago
- @FootyHumour How are you gonna say the man's name sounds like cheese 😂 21 hours ago
- @FootyHumour Thankfully James Corden is not Arsenal's manager 😂. Corden is the worst coach ever 😂. 21 hours ago
- @SEXYDCGIRL25 People are commenting on Twitter that they don't like the way Pat Riley has gotten rid of the big three. 21 hours ago
- @SEXYDCGIRL25 They whole thing looks suspect. 21 hours ago
- @SEXYDCGIRL25 Exactly what Is Nia trying to say about Chris Brown. 21 hours ago
- @SEXYDCGIRL25 The way Nia Guzman wrote, "I didn't choose your as* to be my child's father. You did. You gave me no choice" sounds like rape. 21 hours ago
- @SEXYDCGIRL25 this is very true. 21 hours ago
- Oliver Stone Slams Obama Administration As The Worst Privacy Invaders In American History aishamusic.blogspot.com/2016/09/oliver… #Snowden #EdwardSnowden 21 hours ago
- Hillary Clinton Loses Control Of Her Eyes During Speech Indicating Neurological Problem (Video) aishamusic.blogspot.com/2016/09/hillar… 21 hours ago
- Brad Pitt Changed Towards Angelina Jolie After Double Mastectomy And Is Under Investigation At FBI For Child Abuse aishamusic.blogspot.com/2016/09/brad-p… 21 hours ago
- Jim Carrey Sued For Wrongful Death And Giving Woman Herpes And Gonorrhea Leading To Suicide aishamusic.blogspot.com/2016/09/jim-ca… 21 hours ago
- Is Nia Guzman Trying To Claim Chris Brown Forced Himself On Her aishamusic.blogspot.com/2016/09/chris-… 22 hours ago
- Chris Brown Slams Mother Of His Child Nia Guzman As A Drug Dealer Who Moved Bricks For Her Dad aishamusic.blogspot.com/2016/09/chris-… 22 hours ago
- Hillary Clinton Refuses To Undergo Neurological Exams To Prove Competency For Election Under Parkinson's Claims aishamusic.blogspot.com/2016/09/hillar… 22 hours ago