Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- RT @WorIdStarComedy: "If they paid you $5M to perform at Trumps Inauguration? You gonna perform?" ME: https://t.co/taeeZrw0Sd 11 hours ago
- RT @WorIdStarComedy: LeBron's face when Curry ripped him 😂 vine.co/v/ieWrulz7X6e 11 hours ago
- RT @WorIdStarComedy: School tomorrow https://t.co/uv3hDNw7ZE 11 hours ago
- RT @WorIdStarComedy: Forever hilarious vine.co/v/eLrhwaWmKHP 11 hours ago
- RT @WorIdStarComedy: When your internet goes out and you are forced to get to know your surroundings. https://t.co/IuITwouVeX 11 hours ago
- RT @EarlBlackman: This video had me in my feelings for the whole 60 seconds... https://t.co/RfWg6dQSrd 11 hours ago
- RT @LennoxLewis: So if this @souljaboy and @chrisbrown fight is really happening, I think I'll throw my hat in as the referee! #FairAndImp… 19 hours ago
- RT @Pele: When the kids at school first called me Pelé, I hated it. I would fight them and say "No, my name is Edson!!". https://t.co/rrXLN… 19 hours ago
- @ESPNFC Neymar's young age and earnings potential do factor into the assessment of him being most expensive player in Europe. 19 hours ago
- RT @neymarjr: Work hard. https://t.co/wKl6nGfSNl 19 hours ago
- RT @ESPNFC: Neymar is the most expensive player in Europe. That's right, he beats Lionel Messi *and* Cristiano Ronaldo: https://t.co/3b4T2… 19 hours ago
- RT @NeyMarvellous: Most Valuable Players in the world: 1- Neymar 2- Messi 3- Pogba 4- Griezmann 5- Suarez 6- Kane 7- CR7 8- Dybala 9- Alli… 19 hours ago
- RT @afcstuff: Wenger: "He is more comfortable in the team, but I think Alex Iwobi, above all his talent, is a guy who has a fantastic team… 20 hours ago
- RT @Arsenal: That's it, it's all over in Hampshire - #AFCU23 make it five wins from their last six #PL2 games as debutant Cohen Bramall pla… 20 hours ago
- RT @Arsenal: 👏 Granit and @aaronramsey covered a combined distance of more than 25km on Saturday Get more stats ➡️️ https://t.co/zP3ibpYyp… 20 hours ago