Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- RT @footbalIfights: Norwich vs Sheffield United, 1996/97. What the hell just happened?! https://t.co/D9OvhWWf4e 6 hours ago
- RT @australiaa_sydd: s/o to Mimi for being the only star to correctly spell on #lhhatl when put under pressure 6 hours ago
- RT @Nubian_Naija: Mimi ain't said one word about interior design whole season #LHHATL https://t.co/nyFmXF6hmr 6 hours ago
- @LoveHipHopVH1 Momma Dee was up there with her earpiece in dancing like Bobby Brown in "My Prerogative" 😂😂😂 6 hours ago
- RT @LoveHipHopVH1: Do you see the resemblance? #LHHATL https://t.co/UeVog8WFl2 6 hours ago
- RT @1988VIBES: i'm still trying to figure out how a man gets 20 years for weed #LHHATL https://t.co/rXIpsVSOZS 6 hours ago
- RT @Glamazontyomi: Mimi's breasts look like dinner rolls that haven't been separated 😑😑 #LHHATL https://t.co/gwtsQeRs0Z 6 hours ago
- RT @__raybae: Mimi been saying she was gonna put herself first since the first season...ok #LHHATL https://t.co/heY0lWceR2 7 hours ago
- RT @JonB_954: Learn from your mistakes, move forward and keep grinding 💯✊ 7 hours ago
- RT @Things_int: Your hardest times often lead to the greatest moments of your life. Keep the faith. It will all be worth it in the end. 7 hours ago
- RT @Arsenal: 🎥 It gets better every time you watch it Take a bow, @Alex_OxChambo amp.twimg.com/v/a04a3b31-571… 11 hours ago
- @qaqamba52 Ok 11 hours ago
- RT @qaqamba52: @aishamusic also its obvious bey stole coz she isnt socially conscious like lauryn hill or isnt ultra cool or inventive 11 hours ago
- RT @CBSNews: Michael Jordan "can no longer stay silent," donates $2M to help build trust between police and their communities https://t.co/… 11 hours ago
- RT @espn: Michael Jordan's full statement to @TheUndefeated: es.pn/2a0Szmq https://t.co/4SfqmwysFl 12 hours ago