Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- RT @WBCBoxing: NEYMAR KNOWS !!! #WBC http://t.co/c7vb3Azhar 3 hours ago
- RT @WorldStarComedy: I've never been more amused🔥 http://t.co/1edrt73uoM 3 hours ago
- RT @WorldStarComedy: why is this not viral ? 😕 http://t.co/rWVJVMY1gi 3 hours ago
- RT @FunnyVines: I've been watching this for 6 minutes and I'm crying.. vine.co/v/M63OPln7rX1 3 hours ago
- RT @FunnyVines: If you're having a bad Monday, watch this.. vine.co/v/O3l3rI5I0YX 3 hours ago
- 1 Dead And 1 Seriously Injured After Cross Dressing Duo Gate Crash The National Security Agency (Video) aishamusic.blogspot.com/2015/03/1-dead… 3 hours ago
- Karrueche Tran’s ‘Fix My Life’ Interview Helped To Fix Her Image aishamusic.blogspot.com/2015/03/karrue… 3 hours ago
- Diddy And French Montana Looking Suspect In Photo At His Miami Mansion (Photo) aishamusic.blogspot.com/2015/03/diddy-… 3 hours ago
- Best, Law and Charlton Classic Goals youtube.com/watch?v=9b0vgK… 10 hours ago
- Pele Training - Part 2 youtube.com/watch?v=1gehPd… 10 hours ago
- Pele Training - Part 1 youtube.com/watch?v=eoMYni… 10 hours ago
- RT @VogueParis: Five British historic symbols infused into five fragrances, the latest from @JoMaloneLondon : voguefr.fr/JoMaloneRocks http:/… 10 hours ago
- @nytimes Gene Saks was married to one of my favorite actresses, Bea Arthur. 11 hours ago
- RT @FIDM_Gigi: ABS by Allen Schwartz Spring Marketing/eCommerce Internship is now open! Tweet me 4 info. @AllenBSchwartz 11 hours ago
- RT @BrooksBrothers: Our limited-edition seersucker tuxedo is nearly sold out. Want yours? bit.ly/1xH5N1P http://t.co/l1HjDPHgSL 11 hours ago