Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- RT @Arsenal: Get all the key stats, including an in-depth look at @aaronramsey, in our pre-match graphic arsn.al/inABbd https://t.… 7 hours ago
- @henrygayle LOL @ "chicken leg in ur pocket" 😂😂😂😂 7 hours ago
- RT @Arsenal: Morning all and congratulations to @Arsenal fan @jamesdegale1 who retained his world title last night #TeamChunky https://t.co… 7 hours ago
- RT @LennoxLewis: Big up to @jamesdegale1 on win. Great weekend for UK boxing. 👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾 7 hours ago
- RT @leeselby126: The takeover!👊🏻 #GreatBritain #GB #WorldChampions https://t.co/iXI5uXPpQk 7 hours ago
- RT @jamesdegale1: Looking forward to returning home with my belt. #AndStill World Champion! #TeamChunky 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧👊 https://t.co/2XsqycYozd 7 hours ago
- RT @henrygayle: When u wake up with a headache and chicken gravy all over your shirt, chicken leg in ur pocket...u… instagram.com/p/-pIC4kIeUl/ 7 hours ago
- RT @Arsenal: It's @Arsenal’s 900th Premier League matchday -- and we're going back to where it all started! #NCFCvAFC https://t.co/G8vttelV… 16 hours ago
- RT @R9Rai: How's your touch? #Neymar snpy.tv/1Ig3PVE 16 hours ago
- RT @HBOboxing: WATCH: @Klitschko and @Tyson_Fury display their power in round nine. #KlitschkoFury #TweetReplay itsh.bo/1lR65hm 16 hours ago
- RT @JoelOsteen: You were created to reign in life. God crowned you with honor. Don’t forget who you are. 19 hours ago
- RT @JoelOsteen: There is no greater feeling than being a miracle for someone else. Your destiny is tied to helping others. 19 hours ago
- RT @FunnyVines: Gettin' cuddly.. vine.co/v/h5bjVK2UBaZ 19 hours ago
- RT @NextBigFight: 🇬🇧🇬🇧!!AND THE NEW!!🇬🇧🇬🇧 Tyson Fury WINS!!!! You have just witnessed history! 🇬🇧🇬🇧!!RETWEET!!🇬🇧🇬🇧 https://t.co/DIdmCA1q… 19 hours ago
- RT @mrdavidhaye: That's the best thing to happen to Heavyweight division in years. Young Fresh blood, who is a "character" to say the least… 20 hours ago