Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- RT @Lmao: When you're on your way to Krypton but end up in Kompton https://t.co/nntrcVm4kD 12 hours ago
- RT @SongsLovely: A smart girl knows how to love. a smarter girl knows WHO to love. 12 hours ago
- @BlessedZvy Chris needs to back off Karrueche. 12 hours ago
- RT @BlessedZvy: When Chris Brown catch Karruche slackin out here without her bodyguards. https://t.co/BPXxWsMqEO 12 hours ago
- @SEXYDCGIRL25 ok 12 hours ago
- @BIackPplVids liar liar 🐶😂 12 hours ago
- RT @BIackPplVids: "You got any kids?" "Na but my baby mamas do" https://t.co/gTkc29Hqz1 12 hours ago
- RT @BIackPplVids: when you ask your dog what they're eating and they keep chewing https://t.co/OJev1qxAr7 12 hours ago
- @BIackPplVids 😳😭😂😂😂 12 hours ago
- RT @BIackPplVids: It's called "The Mall" because instead of going to one store, you're going to "Them All" https://t.co/oTU9NQGVgw 13 hours ago
- RT @TrollFootball: HUGE RESPECT FOR ARSENAL!! 👏👏 bit.ly/2lHswJM 13 hours ago
- RT @TrollFootball: Rafa Benitez is jealous of Wayne Shaw https://t.co/DIq5o3G7Dc 1 day ago
- @FootyHumour Nah man, he squared off against that pie 😂 1 day ago
- RT @DGandyOfficial: Another brilliant presentation by @aspinaloflondon for #lfw. 📸 Getty - Darren Gerrish. jacket:… instagram.com/p/BQvZJuAh3Yd/ 1 day ago
- RT @InvertdWhinger: Sutton United boss Paul Doswell confirmed Arsenal donated £50,000, "which will be put back into the community". #WeAre… 1 day ago