Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- RT @TheFunnyVine: Perfect texture for running 😁😁😁 vine.co/v/OwjLadi5BPW 6 hours ago
- RT @TheFunnyVine: When things actually go your way for once vine.co/v/5b0TOrTEjzq 6 hours ago
- RT @RawStory: Vandals break into NFL player’s home and scrawl ‘Go back to Africa’ and ‘KKK’ on walls ow.ly/KHgh306VleI https://t.co/N… 7 hours ago
- RT @planetepics: Africa is beautiful https://t.co/RpWnP7COmU 7 hours ago
- RT @BruhhhComedy: "Your card has been declined" "Why you so loud for?" https://t.co/BG3XieibhP 7 hours ago
- RT @TheFunnyVine: Full video of the man squaring up with the Kangaroo https://t.co/XUzm6vhWRV 7 hours ago
- @WorIdStarComedy Bro, you had the man's dog in a chokehold. Snitch on him and he'll punch you again 😂 7 hours ago
- RT @WorIdStarComedy: lol y'all childish https://t.co/Cc27VSqtUm 7 hours ago
- RT @WorIdStarComedy: Actual footage of my life... vine.co/v/iWVKrmYevgJ 7 hours ago
- @ChampionsLeague @FCPorto @FCBayernEN @lewy_official @SpursOfficial @dynamokyiven Lucas Perez 7 hours ago
- RT @ChampionsLeague: 🌟⚽️ #UCL Player of the Week! 🌟⚽️ Who gets your vote? ➡️ mvp.uefa.com https://t.co/dt9liuMp3V 7 hours ago
- RT @WorIdStarComedy: Wildebeest refuses to let his friend die after a deadly attack from a lion and succeeds That's what friends are for. h… 9 hours ago
- RT @Arsenal: #BASvAFC was the boss' 200th European game in charge of us 👏👏👏 https://t.co/dTJKQo8CSx 9 hours ago
- RT @Arsenal: We've had a good few days - now let's carry it on this weekend Our focus is fully on #AFCvSCFC https://t.co/iW7hEYKKYz 9 hours ago
- RT @Arsenal: 🎄 Today is December 8️⃣️, so we're looking back at this classic from our former No 8️⃣️ We promise it's worth watching, eh @i… 9 hours ago