Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- RT @LookLukaslook74: @aishamusic Hey, Pro mixing and mastering. Check dmp-mixing.com $2 for BEAT - dmp-music.com RT for… 3 hours ago
- RT @YahooSoccer: GOAL USA: Christian Pulisic scores his first #USMNT goal to make it 4-0 over Bolivia. #USAvBOL --> yhoo.it/1qT2u4k 3 hours ago
- RT @usainbolt: Not bad at all twitter.com/championsleagu… 3 hours ago
- RT @ChampionsLeague: For one man, there's only one way to celebrate! 💪💪 #UCLfinal https://t.co/BUjgSXhWrf 4 hours ago
- RT @btsportfootball: Congratulations @GarethBale11 🙌 #UCLfinal #LaUndecima 🇪🇸 https://t.co/bl2Y8x4UjR 4 hours ago
- RT @Copa90: Remember, you can watch the #UCLfinal for free live on @btsportfootball's YT channel here! youtu.be/irm8Ptgzowg https://t.co… 13 hours ago
- RT @ChampionsLeague: GALLERY: Every game on Real Madrid's journey to the #UCLfinal - uefa.to/1OlWxIv https://t.co/fzpx2egKrO 13 hours ago
- RT @ItsTheJFF: Here are the goals from the match fb.me/79U1F6IYd 13 hours ago
- RT @ItsTheJFF: This is the first time Jamaica has ever beaten Chile. Also, this is the first time Jamaica has beaten a team ranked in top 3… 13 hours ago
- RT @caribbeanftbl: Wes Morgan becomes FIRST Jamaican to win PL and FIRST Caribbean int'l to captain PL champions. Big up yourself! https://… 13 hours ago
- RT @br_uk: How Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid fought their way through to the #UCLFinal in Milan amp.twimg.com/v/9de56e92-090… 15 hours ago
- RT @Football__Tweet: Cristiano Ronaldo: "Sometimes my son comes home and says ‘daddy, Bale is faster than you!" #UCLfinal https://t.co/rtI… 15 hours ago
- @boxnationtv @Tyson_Fury I still think Eddie Hearn vs. Frank Warren would be a great charity boxing match 😂 15 hours ago
- RT @boxnationtv: "I have gone through a lot of emotions in the past months. I made a mistake in Germany" - @Klitschko #FuryKlitschko https:… 16 hours ago
- RT @boxnationtv: "It's his last hurrah, if he comes out swinging I will just chin him... Simple!" - @Tyson_Fury #FuryKlitschko https://t.co… 16 hours ago