Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- RT @8TrollFootball: Boateng after the match http://t.co/M5pLgjA8BO 8 minutes ago
- RT @8TrollFootball: Eden Hazard is still missing http://t.co/0VZtja4P5l 9 minutes ago
- @Arsenal Congrats again! This great. The squad just keeps winning 😍👍⚽️🏆 24 minutes ago
- RT @Arsenal: “It’s important that I continue to contribute more for @Arsenal." @Alex_OxChambo on #AFCvCFC: arsn.al/3dhgBJ http://t.… 27 minutes ago
- RT @MesutOzil1088: Yaaa Gunners Yaaaaaa ..... second time community shield maaan 😂👌💪 #YaGunnersYa #AFC #London #Wembley 🏆 http://t.co/iqRzW… 27 minutes ago
- RT @Arsenal: .@Arsenal have won the Community Shield! #AFCvCFC http://t.co/uWFc1CDiH8 27 minutes ago
- RT @Arsenal: .@Arsenal lift the Community Shield for the second season in a row (courtesy of @btsportfootball) #AFCvCFC http://t.co/Eb6xUSO… 27 minutes ago
- RT @HectorBellerin: Second Wembley visit, second trophy win. Come on!!! 🏆 http://t.co/FjxYzGFXTw 28 minutes ago
- RT @aaronramsey: Start as you mean to go on... #AFC http://t.co/c59EgaejXr 29 minutes ago
- RT @m8arteta: Such an honour being part of this Club and this Team! /Un honor forma parte d éste equipo! @Arsenal #CommunityShield http://t… 30 minutes ago
- @IamAkademiks 💀😂😂😂😂 40 minutes ago
- RT @IamAkademiks: Went From looking like "Why We not Turning up to Dirty Sprite 2" to seeing that NFL contract and saying .. DADDYYY!! http… 40 minutes ago
- RT @FunnyVines: When they think they got vocals until you cut the song off mid high note.. vine.co/v/ehW0OzHpIaD 13 hours ago
- RT @A_JFrancois: When you run into your side chick in public... vine.co/v/eXnwUZ1hbZL 13 hours ago
- RT @Known_Principle: @DannySwift defeats @PaulMalignaggi in a 9th round stoppage! #GarciaMalignaggi http://t.co/lguC6M5AuS 13 hours ago