Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- RT @WorIdStarComedy: This video of Bolt made my week 😂😂 amp.twimg.com/v/26510e15-99f… 7 hours ago
- @BronzeBomber 💀😳😭🙈😂 7 hours ago
- RT @BronzeBomber: Who?? twitter.com/showtimeboxing… 8 hours ago
- RT @DwyaneWade: Congrts to my brother @carmeloanthony and the rest of the guys of @usabasketball on winning GOLD!!! 8 hours ago
- RT @usabasketball: Paul George, headed home with the GOLD! 🇺🇸🏀🏅 https://t.co/IBrRRdt1NG 8 hours ago
- RT @MertKultur: Gel de evlenme :) https://t.co/7CiuuwUQ0I 8 hours ago
- RT @BigCatRescue: FRIENDSHIP is one of life's great gifts. Cameron and Zabu agree, do YOU? https://t.co/iTuvlTfGbt 8 hours ago
- Ryan Lochte Loses Endorsements With Speedo, Ralph Lauren And Syneron Candela (Video) aishamusic.blogspot.com/2016/08/ryan-l… 8 hours ago
- The 2016 Rio Olympics Was A Beautiful Success aishamusic.blogspot.com/2016/08/the-20… 8 hours ago
- Usain Bolt Cements His Status As Greatest Sprinter In History During A Great Olympic Games For Jamaica aishamusic.blogspot.com/2016/08/usain-… 8 hours ago
- Neymar And Brazil Win Historic Olympic Gold Medal In Football aishamusic.blogspot.com/2016/08/neymar… 8 hours ago
- People Are Getting Themselves Into Trouble On Social Networking (Dating) aishamusic.blogspot.com/2016/08/people… 8 hours ago
- U.S. Olympic Committee Apologizes As Ryan Lochte Story Unravels With Video aishamusic.blogspot.com/2016/08/us-oly… 8 hours ago
- Social Networking Slams Disparities In Treatment Between Ryan Lochte And Gabby Douglas aishamusic.blogspot.com/2016/08/social… 8 hours ago
- Some Syrian Migrants Refusing To Work In Germany Posing A Problem For The State Regarding Supporting The Refugees aishamusic.blogspot.com/2016/08/some-s… 8 hours ago