Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- RT @TheMeninist: Mannnn, I've been using this machine wrong my entire life 😂 https://t.co/gAw9QTI5Ot 2 hours ago
- RT @TheMeninist: LMAOOO https://t.co/gqVWmprsx5 2 hours ago
- RT @velvetprotect: What you do today can improve all your tomorrows. -Ralph Marston @aishamusic @byronlk #identityprotection #retweet #idt… 2 hours ago
- RT @creditreviews: Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success. @aishamusic @byronlk #retwee… 2 hours ago
- RT @LennoxLewis: .@holyfield's a great guy & my toughest competitor! Glad we are on the same @GoGVC team to fight hunger these days! https… 2 hours ago
- RT @VisitJamaicaNow: Special shout-out to @serenawilliams who is in Jamaica to build a school!Seen here also Jason Henzell & @lennoxlewis h… 2 hours ago
- RT @slowdoghdfc: https://t.co/FC7X1cjxPQ 2 hours ago
- #IfIHadTrumpsMoney If I were Donald Trump with his money I'd get a new haircut. Donald Trump is like the white Don King 😂 2 hours ago
- @rUv 😂😂😂 3 hours ago
- RT @rUv: So I’m no naval expert, but... https://t.co/9o7cM398Bo 3 hours ago
- RT @astro_timpeake: Small #aurora shows how thin our atmosphere is. #Principia #timelapse amp.twimg.com/v/b06e0821-2d3… 3 hours ago
- RT @Tube_driver: If you live in W. Hampstead & found your car mysteriously clean, it was dad. He offered to wash my sister's car but cleane… 3 hours ago
- RT @bobmarley: “Give thanks and praise to the Lord and I will feel all right.” #OneLove – 🎨 by Agustin Taverna (Argentina) https://t.co/Bry… 3 hours ago
- RT @LUXURYPlCTURES: Montego Bay Luxury Vacation Villas https://t.co/aaWrnO7bWs 3 hours ago
- RT @jamaica: FLICKr: Snorkeling, Montego Bay, Jamaica: ncs1984 posted a photo: bit.ly/1nZyMJU 3 hours ago