Lil Wayne Sued For Copyright Infringement Again
A Legal Stone Rolling Over Lil’ Wayne
This is a follow up to the May 30, 2008 article Rapper Lil Wayne Sued For Copyright Infringement. Lil Wayne has been sued again for copyright infringement, revealing this is clearly a habit. This time he’s been sued by the Rolling Stones’ publisher for ripping off their music.
Stealing from one of the most well known bands on the planet is not a good idea, as that pretty much guarantees everyone will know.
Lil’ Wayne faces copyright claim
US rapper Lil’ Wayne has been sued by a music publishing company over claims he released a version of Rolling Stones song Play With Fire without permission.
Abkco Music Inc have said that Lil’ Wayne’s Playing with Fire was clearly derived from the Stones’ original but used “explicit and offensive language”.
They accuse the rapper of copyright infringement and unfair competition.
A spokesman for Lil’ Wayne, whose real name is Dwayne Michael Carter, was unavailable for comment.
- RT @ArsenalMagazine: Like @6_LKOSCIELNY? Well if you do, this month's edition is definitely one for you... Get it here ➡️️ https://t.co/2G… 3 hours ago
- RT @FootyHumour: 😂😂😂 https://t.co/kKt1BShbgw 4 hours ago
- @Footy_Jokes They didn't have to fire pie bae 😂 4 hours ago
- RT @Footy_Jokes: Luis Suarez: Eats 3 people, keeps his job. Wayne Shaw: Eats 1 pie, loses his job. https://t.co/N8MAuQaQcB 4 hours ago
- RT @BeWarmers: Give Wayne Shaw the Leicester City job... https://t.co/3rYHPMD5KD 4 hours ago
- RT @sarahjayneeee_: When you realise Louis van Gaal lasted longer at United than Ranieri did at Leicester https://t.co/MVsE0TYxtx 4 hours ago
- @Sporf Vardy is the reason Leicester City won the Premier League. He's having an off season and it is reflected in their table position. 4 hours ago
- @BBCSport There's no curse. High expectations to win/big budgets/massive competition. Some expect you to win every game. That's not the norm 4 hours ago
- @Football__Tweet The Premier League is a high pressure, highly competitive world. I keep stating it but it has become more difficult to win. 4 hours ago
- RT @Football__Tweet: Premier League winning managers since 2012: Mancini - sacked Sir Alex - retired Pellegrini - sacked Mourinho - sacke… 4 hours ago
- RT @FutballTweets: 10th January 2017: Claudio Ranieri wins FIFA World Manager Of The Year. 23rd February 2017: Claudio Ranieri sacked by L… 4 hours ago
- RT @footbalIfights: One of the most famous fights in Premier League History! https://t.co/NAHIQJ9SAV 4 hours ago
- RT @footbalIfights: Throwback to Lee Trundle's filthy penalty 🔥 https://t.co/V3qKqduE15 4 hours ago
- @footbalIfights That looks painful 🤕 4 hours ago
- RT @footbalIfights: And the winner of Worst Tackle of the Season goes to Mr Deli Alli 😨 https://t.co/tBQtSCC3K3 4 hours ago