Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- RT @xEmmaReadx: London you are beautiful. My favourite time in the day, feel so lucky when I get to see it #lovelondon #Twilight http://t.c… 3 hours ago
- RT @FloydMayweather: You can watch me train LIVE TODAY at 2:15pm PT / 5:15pm ET espn.go.com/watchespn/inde… #Mayhem #TMT 3 hours ago
- RT @NickyHayesPhoto: @AaronFonts Aaron good chatting to you on sunday at SoccerSix mate....Here you are with some fans...Take care.. http:/… 3 hours ago
- RT @usainbolt: China + India = Over 2 Billion Strong = Fun #BuildingBrandBolt #WorldTour #ForeverFaster #JetLife.... Where to next is the b… 4 hours ago
- RT @David_Cameron: If verified, this is a despicable and barbaric murder. My thoughts are with Steven Sotloff's family. Security officials … 4 hours ago
- RT @canadaCJFE: We condemn barbaric cowardly murder of American journalist #StevenSotloff by the Islamic State in the strongest terms http:… 4 hours ago
- RT @TelegraphNews: A Briton will be next warns 'Jihadi John' as second hostage Steven Sotloff beheaded fw.to/6FuqfJg 4 hours ago
- RT @Troll__Football: Falcao: "It was my dream to play for United." Reporter:"u said earlier that ur dream was to play for RM." Falcao: "I h… 4 hours ago
- RT @TransferSources: If Manchester United was a person. http://t.co/E4Ii09kW09 5 hours ago
- RT @FootyHumour: Signing Falcao even though you need defenders and a centre-midfielder. http://t.co/hQQ81luqYm 5 hours ago
- RT @chrisbosh: Thank you for helping me reach 1M followers on Instagram. Happy Labor Day! instagram.com/p/sbFHLNMkRH/ 5 hours ago
- RT @InsideATH: NEW @iaaforg Inside Athletics with @racerstrack star and Olympic/World medalist @Warren_Weir @AtoBoldon http://t.co/HOHfmiS5… 5 hours ago
- RT @henrygayle: Great spot. RT @usainbolt: India I'm here!!!!!! #Bangalore 5 hours ago
- RT @usainbolt: India we will meet again..Really had a good time today.. All fun and game #BoltInIndia #WorldTour #BrandBolt #Epic http://t.… 5 hours ago
- RT @usainbolt: Lol @YUVSTRONG12:The moment which u can only dream of The only man to beat UB in 100m Thanks bolt for letting me win http://… 5 hours ago