Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- @usweekly Halle Berry always looks beautiful. 1 hour ago
- RT @officialasafa: It's @Tessanne Monday let's ALL tune in tonight at 8PM to @NBCTheVoice & remind all friends/family in USA to vote! http:… 1 hour ago
- RT @JimmyKimmelLive: Baby names from the show @DuckDynastyAE went up 89 percent this year, which means somewhere out there there’s a toddle… 6 hours ago
- RT @JonniePeacock: Finally got some christmas decorations! Now just need to get a tree... Think i want a real one.... Whos got their tree u… 6 hours ago
- RT @RealDeniseLewis: @jpsuts @anthonyfjoshua I would be a very proud mother if he was my son. 6 hours ago
- RT @FamousWomen: You are loved. You are wonderfully made. You are beautiful. You have purpose. You are a masterpiece. God has a great plan … 1 day ago
- @DanMarino @MiamiDolphins @NFLonCBS You'll always be the best Dolphin ever though. Met you when I was a kid and you were so nice :) 1 day ago
- RT @DanMarino: Great win for the @MiamiDolphins @NFLonCBS 1 day ago
- @MiamiDolphins Yes, the Dolphins win IN THE SNOW. It's a Christmas miracle :D http://t.co/88DIheHF9B 1 day ago
- @MiamiDolphins Troy Polamalu was out of bounds. Everything was out of bounds except his hair! http://t.co/lMSADxlW0U 1 day ago
- @wes_coast80 I'm impressed. My @MiamiDolphins are handling the snow well, especially for guys that wear flip flops & shorts everyday :D 1 day ago
- RT @DanMarino: You know @CowherCBS and I will be pretty focused on the @MiamiDolphins vs @Steelers game. @NFLonCBS #RyanVsBen #QBwatch 1 day ago
- RT @BarclaysLeague: Arsenal 1-1 Everton – the Gunners’ player ratings with Ozil and Walcott shining: The Gunners stars’ ratings ag... http:… 1 day ago
- Why do they have the @MiamiDolphins playing in the snow. Did you ever see Flipper in the snow? No! I rest my case ;) http://t.co/vZHz564qbL 1 day ago
- How do they expect @MiamiDolphins to play in that Pittsburgh snow. South Beach dudes in the snow! That should be illegal LOL ;) :D 1 day ago