Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- Funny clips from the George Lopez Show youtube.com/watch?v=12pFDf… 3 hours ago
- RT @BarclaysLeague: Arsenal back up to fourth: Arsenal beat West Ham 3-1 to move back up to fourth in the Barclays Premier League. http://t… 3 hours ago
- RT @usainbolt: How years fly by..My cheetah all grow up now.. #foreverfaster #madspeed #seriousface #bornbrave… instagram.com/p/m0kegVocYB/ 3 hours ago
- @Happydocdi Good news to brighten your day, not really, my @Arsenal beat your team West Ham. Do remind cuz Joshua, Man U is #7. Luv u cuz ;) 3 hours ago
- RT @Arsenal: #Arsenal return to fourth place in the Premier League after a 3-1 win over West Ham. Report: po.st/irsWYg http://t.c… 4 hours ago
- RT @Arsenal: Jimmy on @Podolski10: "He scored two great goals and he worked his socks off for the team" #AFCvWHU http://t.co/xt38b6sVCe 4 hours ago
- RT @Arsenal: .@_OlivierGiroud_ dedicated his goal in the #AFCvWHU game to the Hillsborough victims: po.st/MWOC9R http://t.co/hyS1… 4 hours ago
- RT @aaronramsey: Great to be back on the Emirates pitch and a good win (unless you're @robthechefAFC, who's a West Ham fan!) http://t.co/m2… 4 hours ago
- @InTouchEvents Alright Stacey, spill it, who did you beatdown like Porsha :P 😇 4 hours ago
- RT @BoxingInsider: Pacquiao's Mom Says She Didn't Put Hex on Bradley newamericamedia.org/2014/04/pacqui… 4 hours ago
- @anthonyfjoshua You handled that like a boss, a champ, like Tyson even though your trainer tried to beat the fufu & Nandos out of you LOL 💪👍 4 hours ago
- RT @JackWilshere: First time in boots for 6 weeks!!! Great feeling! #WilshIsComingBack http://t.co/fKlBQTnKEo 4 hours ago
- RT @RealLuisCollazo: I Learned Life may be Tough, but I've got a God thts Tougher. Building #character#patience#wisdom#SpiritualLife 4 hours ago
- RT @InTouchEvents: @aishamusic yup. But I know how she felt. I know what it feels like. So yes she was wrong but I understand. 4 hours ago
- RT @usainbolt: "The difference between the impossible and possible lies in determination" #word 10 hours ago