Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- RT @Alex_OxChambo: Off to support the @Willow_Fdn charity tonight. http://t.co/9mfXMCD8zI 16 hours ago
- RT @KevinEdwardsJr: Thank you Lord for allowing me to see another day 16 hours ago
- RT @Pele: Less than 100 days until the World Cup. Brazil – our country, our team! http://t.co/00goVAgxtr 1 day ago
- RT @FloydMayweather: My fam @georgelopez is now on @shots. Make sure to follow him in there. I’ll follow more people today before I step in… 1 day ago
- @FloydMayweather @georgelopez @shots Reruns of the George Lopez Show are pure comedy! I still love that show 👍 1 day ago
- RT @LifeWisdomQuote: Don't play hard to get, play hard to forget. 1 day ago
- RT @BlessedShakey: @aishamusic I hope Rihanna doesnt come and disrupt his life further 1 day ago
- RT @ilovechrae: @aishamusic 😂😂😂😘 1 day ago
- RT @BlessedShakey: @aishamusic I feel so bad for her because she has a beautiful spirit 1 day ago
- RT @rdoghro: @aishamusic word!!! Xoxo 1 day ago
- @BTSP Little man is a boss :D 1 day ago
- RT @BTSP: #VIDEO Great moment from last night! As Neymar rescues a young pitch invader from stewards! - bit.ly/P1IOJy http://t.co/… 1 day ago
- RT @TeleFootball: Watch Neymar babysit one South African 'pitch invader' and give boy moment he'll never forget fw.to/qlsvtT http… 1 day ago
- @ilovechrae Are you picking on me :P (Kidding). 1 day ago
- @BlessedShakey Yes, I feel bad for her too. She's a nice person. He's going through stuff with rehab and his career. Give them time. 1 day ago