Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- @tran_jessy I wish more people realized that before they hurt others. 32 minutes ago
- @SEXYDCGIRL25 @tran_jessy They claim there's a marriage counselor on tour with Beyonce and Jay Z but if he'd stop cheating... 33 minutes ago
- @SEXYDCGIRL25 @tran_jessy Are you being sarcastic LOL! Seriously, Jay Z is the problem in that marriage, not Beyonce. 34 minutes ago
- RT @dellboychisora: @Tyson_Fury @mrdavidhaye 😂😂 http://t.co/zJj2YP2GsA 36 minutes ago
- RT @FineFootyVines: Amazing play by Arsenal.. vine.co/v/MKPb6eQrELe 5 hours ago
- @tran_jessy Liv and a few others are somewhere laughing at him. 5 hours ago
- RT @tran_jessy: @aishamusic That's what he gets for all those mean things he did to the ones who didn't want to sleep with him. 5 hours ago
- @JasmineBreezy89 LOL I answered again. 5 hours ago
- @tran_jessy It was a real career damager 5 hours ago
- @Tyson_Fury @dellboychisora uh oh 😮🙈🙉🙊😂 #ShotsFired #ReceiptsRequested #ThisGotUglyFast 5 hours ago
- RT @Tyson_Fury: @dellboychisora I want to see the x rays of Broken hand?? 5 hours ago
- @JasmineBreezy89 I answered! 7 hours ago
- RT @tran_jessy: @aishamusic Plus, he lost a lot of respect due to the elevator fight. 7 hours ago
- @JasmineBreezy89 I responded :) 7 hours ago
- RT @iamLumide: 22 states now produce agricultural products in Nigeria! http://t.co/qdGy8p62us 7 hours ago