Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- Chief Keef And Katy Perry Beef aishamusic.blogspot.com/2013/05/chief-… 14 hours ago
- President Obama's Prom Pic Released And It's All Sorts Of Comedy (Photo) aishamusic.blogspot.com/2013/05/presid… 16 hours ago
- Chris Brown Kissed Karrueche Tran At The Billboard Awards While Rihanna Dined Alone (Video) aishamusic.blogspot.com/2013/05/chris-… 16 hours ago
- #throwbackthursday "Rockaway" youtube.com/watch?v=cl6bh4… 19 hours ago
- RT: @cydahnee #WhenIGetMarried there will be no divorce! You mad? Go...calm down for a sec. Wanna see other people? Look out the window." :D 19 hours ago
- RT: "@RiversLastSong #WhenIGetMarried everyone at the wedding is going to look at my husband like pic.twitter.com/3KdMh82xSg" hahaha! 19 hours ago
- #throwbackthursday "Life Is What You Make It" youtube.com/watch?v=sqCZBg… 20 hours ago
- @jaybaby954 thanks :) 20 hours ago
- Meanwhile I'm thinking of the man trying to ask me out, "You better be gay asking me for my shirt." Um, he wasn't *red faced.* 20 hours ago
- Some men are too bold. A man just tried to ask me out by saying "I like your (Miami) Heat shirt. Take it off and give it to me." ... 20 hours ago
- RT @MiamiHEAT: More from LeBron's game-winner last night> gohe.at/11fDZjn @CoupNBA explains how "Miami's Mind Tricks" made the play … 22 hours ago
- RT @spikesmag: BOOM! Sprint star @Warren_Weir will join fellow Jamaican @YohanBlake for Edmonton Track Classic, June 29. Running the 200m! … 22 hours ago
- RT: "@sterling31 @aishamusic loool" :D 22 hours ago
- RT @officialasafa: Asafa endorses boxing champ Walters is.gd/dJb9vV #OffTrack 22 hours ago
- RT @sterling31: @aishamusic loool 22 hours ago