Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- RT @tran_jessy: @aishamusic @BlessedShakey She ALWAYS sleep with people in relationships. She did that to kae with chris so her KARMA won't… 46 minutes ago
- @tran_jessy In Jay Z's mind he's pretty like Chris Brown (no sir) 😂😂😂 Jay Z dislikes good looking male singers, actors & athletes (jealous). 47 minutes ago
- RT @tran_jessy: @aishamusic He is so ugly, who would want that. And Chris is VERY handsome, isn't it one of the reason Jay-Z don't like him… 50 minutes ago
- RT @Arsenal: .@Arsenal have been hard at work in Austria! See the latest snaps from today's double session: arsn.al/S0OK0s http://t… 5 hours ago
- RT @anthonyfjoshua: Hand in Hand Creates The 360 #Technique 1st #Power 2nd..... 🙊.... I'm Working #StayHungry instagram.com/p/rDKFXSxyZM/ 5 hours ago
- @FunnyVines He's sitting on Plexiglas or an acrylic surface (clear). However if he's naturally levitating like that y'all need to run! 😂😂😂😂😂 5 hours ago
- RT @scotts84: Hi, I'm @JackWilshere and before training, I like to brush my teeth.. http://t.co/IBqbydHKNe 5 hours ago
- RT @MailSport: Neymar continues his recovery from injury on holiday dailym.ai/1kkHAYp http://t.co/wzl581O8T6 5 hours ago
- @iFILMLONDON @YouTube He looks like Remington Steele in that 😂 http://t.co/ldL3syRd5G 5 hours ago
- RT @iDrinkTheSweetT: @aishamusic @usainbolt Yes. 5 hours ago
- @iDrinkTheSweetT @usainbolt Word!@ I love his avi. It should be a CD cover. It looks creative 👌 5 hours ago
- RT @usainbolt: 1..2..3...#400Glory #TeamJamaica #Glasgow2014 #CommonwealthGames 5 hours ago
- RT @JamaicaOlympics: VIDEO: Kemar Bailey-Cole WINS GOLD in 10.00, Nickel Ashmeade BRONZE and Jason Livermore 5th in Men's 100M FINAL... htt… 5 hours ago
- 👍💯 #HeatNation #MiamiHeat RT "@LuolDeng9 Lively up yourself. #irie instagram.com/p/q12j1cmvMg/" 5 hours ago
- RT @MiamiHEAT: RT @MickyArison: My message to HEAT Nation. #HEATLifer gohe.at/ArisonLetter @MiamiHEAT 6 hours ago