Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- @natooracouk @aperochef @EGNI_W3 I love it. It's very creative 👌 6 hours ago
- RT @natooracouk: @aishamusic @aperochef @EGNI_W3 it's usually white, but there are purple, yellow, and other colourful varieties to play wi… 6 hours ago
- A lot of people's blinds look like this 😂 http://t.co/fF99aFzD7D 6 hours ago
- RT @BelgianGolfer: Royal Mougins in Cannes is a Robert Von Hagge design, and another great course of him in France. #golftravel (2/2) http:… 7 hours ago
- RT @ProvenceGuide: Alphonse Daudet les aurait bien aimés ! Suivez notre Route des Moulins en Luberon bit.ly/RouteMoulins #patrimoine htt… 7 hours ago
- RT @jflorez: Low Tide, Cornwall, #England - Photo by Nick Green | #Landscape #Seascape #Photography http://t.co/e0AmtVZboW 7 hours ago
- RT @BeachPicsHD: North Cornwall, England http://t.co/MRY9KODtw4 7 hours ago
- @aperochef @natooracouk @EGNI_W3 Ok, so it is supposed to be white 😊. I love the purple one too. 7 hours ago
- RT @aperochef: @aishamusic @natooracouk @EGNI_W3 a first for me to 😀 7 hours ago
- @MannyPacquiao @jimchair @ChrisAlgieri @VenetianMacao Knock that dimple right out of his chin, Manny (I'm just playing 😂). 7 hours ago
- RT @MannyPacquiao: I'm hoping @ChrisAlgieri drops a few hints on how he will fight me when he's on @Varneyco, Tomorrow at 11 AM ET on @FoxB… 7 hours ago
- RT @Saadal3000: Mexico: Milky Way over El Castillo pyramid at night http://t.co/IgsmSCoCTN 7 hours ago
- RT @CabosNews: Happy Independence Day, Mexico! What are your favorite Mexican destinations? We love @lasventanasalparaiso. by ho... http://… 7 hours ago
- @aperochef @natooracouk @EGNI_W3 Wow, purple cauliflower 😊. Never seen that before. In America it's white. 7 hours ago
- RT @aperochef: Thank you @natooracouk @EGNI_W3 😃. http://t.co/ty7J04ob49 7 hours ago