Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- Watching an art exhibit being installed by two men. Didn't think about the fact that a lot of physically taxing work goes into it. Love art. 5 hours ago
- "Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again." - Nelson Mandela 8 hours ago
- "Sometimes beautiful things come into our lives out of nowhere" - Lauren Kate 8 hours ago
- RT @basketballminds: Guess Who Found Lebron's Headband... http://t.co/0kZXPp2g7M 18 hours ago
- RT @SportsCenter: Among players with multiple Game 7s, LeBron James' 33.8 PPG is highest in NBA history. 18 hours ago
- RT @SylieBlog: Miami Daily is out! paper.li/SylieBlog/1357… ▸ Top stories today via @sbalbirnie @brips69 @aishamusic 18 hours ago
- Shout out to Ray Allen. That equalizer was boss! I could kiss you on your shaved bald head but youre married & I dont roll like that. High 5 18 hours ago
- Congrats to the @MiamiHeat on a great, fantastic win. True team effort. Couldn't have been prouder of you guys. You fought a great team. 19 hours ago
- #wrongfilmquotes "The name is Blond, James Blond" 23 hours ago
- RT @MiamiHEAT: LeBron - "If we play our game and do it at a high level, we give ourselves a chance to win." vine.co/v/hBEUtgWt5vl 23 hours ago
- RT @sterling31: off for a run in the sun 23 hours ago
- #threewords never give up! 23 hours ago
- #threewords I love me. I mean, I love you ;) 23 hours ago
- RT @MiamiHEAT: Take a look at tonight's #WhiteHot Game 6 preview gohe.at/16e6A80 brought to you by HEAT.com 1 day ago
- My grandparents brought 9 kids into this world. They must have really loved each other (um, literally LOL). 1 day ago