Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- RT @FamousWomen: Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic. 10 hours ago
- RT @aaronramsey: Running out of ways to say thank you, but seriously, appreciate everyone who keeps voting me Arsenal player of the month! 11 hours ago
- @aaronramsey Well u could pay us. The check better be in the mail or I'm voiting for Ozil next month ;) Congrats your skill set is amazing. 11 hours ago
- @brewer_cuppa @JonniePeacock @adidasUK He already has an unfair advantage - he naturally runs faster than most people on the planet ;) :) 11 hours ago
- RT @GirlRising: RIP #Madiba. Your words will never cease to resonate and we will never forget you. ow.ly/i/3WNP0 23 hours ago
- RT @sandtontimes: Jacob Zuma called on South African's to hold a day of prayer and reflection this Sunday, December 8. #Madiba #NelsonMande… 23 hours ago
- RT @DuckDynastyAE: Don't miss the special #RodeoGirls sneak peek in the #DuckDynasty marathon tonight at 10/9c! aetv.com/rodeo-girls 1 day ago
- RT @YohanBlake: NELSON MANDELA would say Living isn’t just about doing for yourself, but what you do for others as well. http://t.co/tkztX… 1 day ago
- RT @usainbolt: Just here thinking that Mr.Mandela in prison for 27years is how long I'v been alive..Words are inadequate to describe this m… 1 day ago
- "Good things come to those who wait. Better things come to those who don't give up and the best thing come to those who believe" 1 day ago
- "You are the hero of your own story" 1 day ago
- RT @GWPStudio: "Want to be successful? Know what you are doing. Love what you are doing. And believe in what you are doing." ~ Will Rogers … 1 day ago
- RT @MarvAbbey: They put Mandela in jail for 27years & he still forgave them 🙆 #Wow My work place didnt gimme annual leave to go Ibiza in Se… 1 day ago
- RT @Joan_MG: Lol true"@UnbeIieveabIe: If tomatoes are a fruit, isn't ketchup technically a smoothie?" 1 day ago
- World Hero Nelson Mandela Has Died aishamusic.blogspot.com/2013/12/world-… 1 day ago