Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- RT @NBA: It's Game Time! The #NBAPlayoffs are here... http://t.co/G7edo29KI5 9 hours ago
- RT @letsforsale: The Holidayletsforsale Daily is out! paper.li/letsforsale/13… Stories via @JimDarkwood @aishamusic 9 hours ago
- RT @GeniusFootball: When dreams come true. http://t.co/Bh1wkiT6zB 9 hours ago
- England Matters - Episode 1: Daniel Sturridge & Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain 👌 youtube.com/watch?v=g0Mazd… 11 hours ago
- RT @Fay_A_: @JackWilshere my dad said what a nice geeza you was!! #niceselfie 😍 http://t.co/uZwzJGTP5j 11 hours ago
- RT @nikestore: The 10am EDT / 7am PDT Jordan restock is postponed on Nike.com. Stay tuned to @nikestore for the new launch da… 11 hours ago
- @Carl_Froch & @StGeorgeGroves sound like they really dont like each other LOL: "George Groves Is Like Leyton Orient" youtube.com/watch?v=JfabBT… 11 hours ago
- @HistoricalPics I visited Hackney. It's certainly changed from the photo. 88 pitches a reminder England's always been a football nation :) 11 hours ago
- RT @HistoricalPics: Hackney Marshes, London 1951. 88 football pitches in one place! http://t.co/3tS4oKewrZ 11 hours ago
- RT @Arsenal: "Yes Mathieu, we know you're back too!" More pictures from today's training session po.st/yb6wFP #HCFCvAFC http://t.… 12 hours ago
- RT @AllFootballLive: Driving behind Neymar today... http://t.co/AkHHFIRd6h 1 day ago
- RT @AIlAboutLove: I automatically smile when you message me. 1 day ago
- RT @karrueche: Ain't nothing like some good ol' Chinese take out 1 day ago
- RT @UrbanEngIish: "Yo mama" = I couldnt think of a comeback. 1 day ago
- RT @Follow_MeGain: # Welcome everyoneback Follow some really cool people! @KOLD_Hearted_LP @SlignCom @SocialMediaAI @aishamusic via http://… 1 day ago