Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- RT @abc13houston: Heartbreaking photos show slain soldier's dogs waiting for him to come home - abc13.co/1oBjBGs http://t.co/u5wT3jod… 1 hour ago
- RT @pbpost: Heartbreaking scene at home of slain Canadian soldier's family pbpo.st/1oCnZFk http://t.co/rzxNEG9PoU 1 hour ago
- @tran_jessy I'll check it now 1 hour ago
- @tran_jessy The story where I had the scoop first that he liked someone in rehab then TMZ said the same weeks later judiciaryreport.com/chris_brown_ar… 1 hour ago
- RT @tran_jessy: @aishamusic That's really SAD, you're right both of them are GOOD looking. 1 hour ago
- RT @photomonochrome: The monochrome Daily is out! paper.li/photomonochrome Stories via @aishamusic @75Central 1 hour ago
- RT @Arsenal: How many last-gasp goals have @Arsenal scored in the #ChampionsLeague? Go Behind the Numbers: arsn.al/azUNos http://t.… 13 hours ago
- RT @MiamiHEAT: Today's post-practice player media interviews: Dwyane Wade - gohe.at/1sUOrbF Chris Bosh - gohe.at/1yqYN4D 13 hours ago
- RT @NBA: We can #StopEbola, but we need to act NOW! Text Ebola to 864233 to donate $10 to @unicefusa & help save lives. http://t.co/ERtGvEd… 13 hours ago
- RT @MiamiHEAT: The #1 DJ in the NBA - @Irie makes his return to @GMA tomorrow morning! Make sure you're tuned in at 7:30am to watch him roc… 13 hours ago
- Are Butt Enhancement Procedures Used By Kim Kardashian, Nicki Minaj And Iggy Azalea Safe (Before & After Photos) aishamusic.blogspot.com/2014/10/are-bu… 14 hours ago
- Has Nikki Mudarris Overdone It With Plastic Surgery Trying To Look Like Kim Kardashian (Before & After Photos) #LHHH aishamusic.blogspot.com/2014/10/has-ni… 14 hours ago
- Public Reaction To Renee Zellwegger’s New Appearance Is Proving Embarrassing For The Award Winning Actress (Photos) aishamusic.blogspot.com/2014/10/public… 14 hours ago
- @tran_jessy I've seen people write things about them (and others) online I know is 100% false but they did so in trying to break them up. 14 hours ago
- @tran_jessy They're a good looking high profile couple, but some people take it too far lying in trying to break them up. That's not cool... 14 hours ago