Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- @tran_jessy Karrueche's career is not over. She didn't realize what she was reading. She even paused for a bit. She wasn't being mean. 15 hours ago
- RT @PeteLewisBnS: @aishamusic @pebbles2day Happy birthday Pebbles! 15 hours ago
- RT @pebbles2day: @aishamusic Thank YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!!😊❤️ 15 hours ago
- @pebbles2day Happy Birthday Pebbles! Have a fabulous day. God bless you and be with you and your family. Thanks for the great music doll 🎉 16 hours ago
- RT @usainbolt: Pleasure all mine @Hublot: Thanks @UsainBolt for coming at our #Hublot Big Bang UNICO All Black Boutique launch! http://t.co… 18 hours ago
- RT @karrueche: Happiness instagram.com/p/sQ8TPRmThc/ 18 hours ago
- RT @TimTebow: Enjoyed today's awesome SEC game environment at a place where I have such great memories. #TBT instagram.com/p/sQ24L1EFug/ 18 hours ago
- RT @tran_jessy: @aishamusic yes. 😄😄 18 hours ago
- RT @tran_jessy: @aishamusic 😂😂😂😂😂 18 hours ago
- RT @TimTebow: Preparing to go live with halftime analysis on SECNetwork. Passionate 1st half! #SECNATION #SECNetwork instagram.com/p/sQtCFfkFgS/ 18 hours ago
- RT @FootballFunnys: This is it.. OFFICIAL UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAW http://t.co/SwemmNYnjF 21 hours ago
- RT @FootballFunnys: Cristiano in 2014 Ballon D'or Best player in Europe Pichichi Golden Boot UCL 17 goals Champions League Copa del rey ht… 22 hours ago
- Bobby Shmurda is the new Chief Keef 22 hours ago
- @qaqamba52 I'm not sure, it didn't sound like it. 22 hours ago
- @qaqamba52 Police want someone from the party to tell them who it is but some are afraid while others don't believe in snitching. 22 hours ago