Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- @PurelyFootball @FootballFunnys Oh heck no! If Man Utd gets Ronaldo, it's only fair we, Arsenal, get Messi 😛😉 4 hours ago
- RT @FunnyVines: When you see bae.. vine.co/v/OZaQBKHEOTQ 4 hours ago
- @FunnyVines That looks so dangerous! 4 hours ago
- @Jerry_Purpdrank LOOOOOOL! 4 hours ago
- RT @Jerry_Purpdrank: This is exactly what Martin Luther King died for! ✊ vine.co/v/OZQItpExZQ0 4 hours ago
- @myvibeispotent I agree. That is what it has become. 4 hours ago
- RT @Arsenal: Updates on @JackWilshere @aaronramsey @m8arteta @theowalcott and @AbouVDIABY ahead of #AFCvGAL arsn.al/YA8fKS http://t… 5 hours ago
- RT @Arsenal: VIDEO: Watch the boss and @KieranGibbs' press conference ahead of tomorrow's #AFCvGAL game: arsn.al/CRCZs7 http://t.co… 5 hours ago
- RT @realtamiaworld: So proud of these 2 being honored at the @BuonicontiFund dinner in NYC #greatsportslegends instagram.com/p/tjRPTqPjbC/ 5 hours ago
- RT @Warren_Weir: Blessed Be the most High. 5 hours ago
- RT @pebbles2day: @CHRISBROWN xo The Talent. The Up and coming artist have to work on performance, stage presence and #perfectURCRAFT https… 5 hours ago
- RT @pebbles2day: Pain begets more Pain. Anger begets more Anger. Love begets more Love. Never have I seen hate... Heal anybody.❤️🙏 5 hours ago
- RT @AaronFonts: Key & Peele: Flicker: youtu.be/1t24XAntNCY - lol lol lol 5 hours ago
- RT @TWEETARZINE: In d spirit of Nigeria's 54th independence anniversary, Let's share our dreams of a greater nation using d tag; #iDreamOfa… 5 hours ago
- RT @uplift81: @aishamusic just ridiculous 6 hours ago