Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- "The Worst Pain Ever" LOL 😂😂😂😂 vine.co/v/M1T626uFTKd 12 hours ago
- RT @MiamiHEAT: Check out how tonight's #WhiteHot Game 2 victory over the Bobcats went down with the @MiamiHEAT Fastbreak! http://t.co/XrGVt… 12 hours ago
- Chris Brown On A Legal Rollercoaster Facing Two More 5-Day Trips On Con Air As Assault Case Is Continued To June 2014 aishamusic.blogspot.com/2014/04/chris-… 13 hours ago
- Manchester United Under Investigation On Wall Street Over Firing Manager David Moyes Which Resulted In Shares Rising aishamusic.blogspot.com/2014/04/report… 13 hours ago
- @SEXYDCGIRL25 @BlessedShakey It's all hearsay. 13 hours ago
- @BlessedShakey @SEXYDCGIRL25 I would think he would, because he went into court with Karrueche Tran. 13 hours ago
- @SEXYDCGIRL25 @BlessedShakey If it were other celebrities they would not be held responsible for their bodyguard's deeds in protecting them. 13 hours ago
- #barbecuechickenalert now why am I not surprised a black person is behind this trend LOL ;) 14 hours ago
- @Boxing_Memes Mayweather definitely has the clear advantage. The exposure & pay are also good for Maidana as the underdog. He cant complain. 19 hours ago
- RT @anthonyfjoshua: I love boxing 19 hours ago
- @SEXYDCGIRL25 @BlessedShakey Artists and athletes have to learn to manage their money well and save for a rainy day. 19 hours ago
- RT @Arsenal: On this day in 1980... #Arsenal became the first British side to win at Juventus. VIDEO: po.st/MyBKqp http://t.co/Q3… 19 hours ago
- @BlessedShakey @SEXYDCGIRL25 It certainly worked and at his lowest ebb. 19 hours ago
- @SEXYDCGIRL25 @BlessedShakey Hopefully the court will err on the side of caution = reasonable doubt. 19 hours ago
- @RSVPMagazine It's the airline and hotel food LOL! He looks well fed and healthy. He's an adorable little baby. 19 hours ago