Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- Why Do Some Women Pretend To Be Virgins compendius.com/?p=554 28 minutes ago
- Character Is Important In Love And Relationships compendius.com/?p=539 29 minutes ago
- Film Review: "Transformers: Age Of Extinction" celluloidfilmreview.com/transformers_a… 29 minutes ago
- Film Review: "Brick Mansions" celluloidfilmreview.com/brick_mansions… 30 minutes ago
- Product Review: Flash N Go (Hair Removal) consumernewsreviews.com/?p=285 3 hours ago
- News Links: Obama may face impeachment after November 4 elections, Virgin Galactic’s SpaceShipTwo Crashes: 1 Dead sonustarnews.com/?p=3910 3 hours ago
- RT @Alexis_Sanchez: Beautiful sunny day in London! Thanks for all your messages , see you tomorrow at The Emirates! 😋🐶🐶🏡 http://t.co/xVXvhK… 16 hours ago
- RT @JackWilshere: Me and Danny chatting to Geoff @EFFCharity @UNICEF_uk http://t.co/soJmNlb3Ax 16 hours ago
- RT @JackWilshere: Winners again, hate to say it but 'I told you so as well' great fun an amazing cause too http://t.co/dlOS8xpCub 16 hours ago
- RT @Arsenal: Wenger: "@theowalcott is not completely ready. He's been out for too long to start #AFCvBFC" arsn.al/d7gsiP http://t.c… 16 hours ago
- RT @aaronramsey: There's a special edition @Arsenal programme featuring me available at the game tomorrow or on iTunes http://t.co/slkke5Dl… 16 hours ago
- RT @henrygayle: ☺ RT @Tipo_Morris: Christopher Henry greets Christopher Henry! @henrygayle instagram.com/p/u0IjnWPowE/ 16 hours ago
- RT @henrygayle: RT @HighveldLions: Welcome to the Bull Ring @henrygayle ! #redthunder http://t.co/VCirlAnrPJ 16 hours ago
- RT @JoelOsteen: Don’t be moved by opposition. When the going gets tough, you have to dig your heels in and say, “I am in it to win it.” 16 hours ago
- RT @MO_LONDON: @MO_LONDON's Suite Collection is now undergoing a period of refinement, to elevate guests to a new level of luxury http://t.… 16 hours ago