Rapper Lil Wayne has been sued for copyright infringement by indie folk singer Karma. She stated he liked her song and asked to use it, but they were unable to work out a deal. The next thing she knew, he used it anyway.
Her song “Once” now appears in Lil Wayne’s new song “I Feel Like Dying” without credit or payment to her. That’s wrong. He should not have done this. Lil Wayne needs to do the right thing.
It’s just another of many cases of copyright infringement that the public is tired of based on feedback on numerous web sites. This conduct is so unnecessary, uncivil, unfair and uncouth. It’s telling the world you are a thief that takes other people’s belongings.
A similar case was filed last year by British-Caribbean singer Des’ree and it created a big scandal that the public still talks about online to this day. She also sued over her song “I’m Kissing You” that was brazenly stolen.
Lil Wayne Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Rapper Lil Wayne, who is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated album, Tha Carter III, was hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit by a Louisiana woman who claims the rapper stole one of her songs, recorded it, and posted it on his MySpace page and elsewhere.
SOHH.com reports that singer Karma Ann Swanepoel filed the lawsuit after she was unable to reach an agreement with the Lil Wayne’s label during negotiations for the track.
Swanepoel wrote a folk ballad, titled “Once,” which was allegedly re-recorded over a sped up sample and titled “I Feel Like Dying,” by Lil Wayne.
The rapper’s representatives were unavailable for comment.
Story found here
- "Don't ever stop trying, learning, fighting, experimenting and doing until the miracle happens." 1 hour ago
- RT @rdoghro: @Arsenal @aishamusic I'm a gunner too!! #Nigerianarsenalfan!! 2 hours ago
- RT @KuganCassius: @EddieHearn MUST WATCH ! The moment @Carl_Froch shoved @StGeorgeGroves pitch-side at Wembley today youtube.com/watch?v=1tVhuV… 2 hours ago
- @MatchroomBoxing @Carl_Froch @StGeorgeGroves @wembleystadium May the best man win :) 3 hours ago
- RT @MatchroomBoxing: .@Carl_Froch pushes @StGeorgeGroves as they go head-to-head on the @wembleystadium turf! #FrochGroves2 http://t.co/FVG… 3 hours ago
- RT @Arsenal: VIDEO: Watch the @Arsenal first-team squad in training this morning ahead of the big #BAYvAFC game tomorrow night: http://t.co… 4 hours ago
- RT @UrbanEngIish: "Ball is life" = I sit on the bench. 4 hours ago
- @rdoghro No, I meant Chris Brown and Karrueche Tran. I thought that's what "Chrae" was short for LOL. 4 hours ago
- RT @Lupita_Nyongo: Some of the amazing flowers I received from loving, happy people during the #OscarsWeek. Thank you for… http://t.co/ldPt… 4 hours ago
- RT @anthonyfjoshua: Ambition Is Priceless 🔥 instagram.com/p/lWyfsZRySW/ 5 hours ago
- RT @seetickets: A big chunk of tickets already sold for Froch v Groves - for those still trying stick with it! 5 hours ago
- @SEXYDCGIRL25 @LaVieEnchante I totally agree. 5 hours ago
- @rdoghro You're welcome and yes I want them to get back together. 5 hours ago
- RT @rdoghro: @aishamusic I know @chrisbrown will come out strong and better!! And finally puts a ring on @karrueche fingers!! #CHRAE! 5 hours ago
- @LaVieEnchante @SEXYDCGIRL25 Dang, you're wrong for that haha :D 5 hours ago